big 3 question(pics included)

so let me get this straight..your saying I can hook up my 4 gauge wire with the ring terminal to the positive battery AND right in front of that I can also put a 0 gauge ring terminal right in front of it with the 0 gauge wire and bolt them both together to the positive terminal on the battery?
If my concept of the flow of electricity is right...I dont see why not. Might want to get a 2nd opinion on that though lol.

My terminals have a top and bottom part to it...bottom part holds the wires for the car its self and the top holds my amps power wire. Dont see why you wouldnt be able to just stack the amp power wire and the cars power wire(s) on top of eachother. My car has 2 power wires and they are stacked on one side of the terminal.

so let me get this straight..your saying I can hook up my 4 gauge wire with the ring terminal to the positive battery AND right in front of that I can also put a 0 gauge ring terminal right in front of it with the 0 gauge wire and bolt them both together to the positive terminal on the battery?

can anyone else confirm this?

Bubba...

can anyone else confirm this?

Bubba...
Sorry, I went to bed :p

Yes, if you have just the standard battery terminals, it should have a bolt that you can slide ring terminals onto....that's probably what you have your 4 gauge ring terminal on right now. Since the 1/0 terminal will probably be bigger, slide the 4 gauge terminal off, then put the 1/0 on and slide the 4 gauge on top of it, then put the nut back on and tighten it down. If this still doesn't make sense, take a good close up picture of your battery terminal right now.

Sorry, I went to bed :p
Yes, if you have just the standard battery terminals, it should have a bolt that you can slide ring terminals onto....that's probably what you have your 4 gauge ring terminal on right now. Since the 1/0 terminal will probably be bigger, slide the 4 gauge terminal off, then put the 1/0 on and slide the 4 gauge on top of it, then put the nut back on and tighten it down. If this still doesn't make sense, take a good close up picture of your battery terminal right now.
that makes perfect sense! thank you very much!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You're an idiot. Stop giving people horrible advice. Anything this kid says should be forgotten
ok bud. why don't you ask GM why they dont fuse the 8ga wire from the alt to batt+ if installed properly you dont need a fuse for the big 3

I am!! and I did. all of this info helped so much! I finally understand! LOL
Good, that's the point of the forum. There's a lot of really knowledgeable people on here, unfortunately most of them are asshats and would rather make fun of people instead of educate them...

Your better off using the search function because usually your questions have been asked before (and will be considered stupid by most).

just curious but where did you run the wire from the batt to the trunk of your car? I've got an 06 and it was a pain to get it back there
haha it was difficult at first..it took my friend and I 30 mins to do it..if you can see the pictures that I posted at the beginning of the thread one of them shows the blue wire(with zipties) running on the side of my hood and it goes down not even halfway through where my door opens and closes and there is a black circle thing that you can pop off and throw away..you can run the wire through there...NOW the hard part is getting that wire into that hole and making it go DOWN through the dash..your going to have to get someone to be looking up under the dash for it while someone else is wedging it through there..once you find it..if you cant get your hands up under the dash to grab it you can use some pliers..now once you get the wire pulled all the way through then just run it down the side boards that should pop off on the side of the car..all I did was pull the carpet back a little and run it all the way down the side of the car and then I took out my back seats and ran it through there and into my trunk and to the amp

why? there is nothing wrong where its at now..its not interfering with the door opening and closing or anything..and ive looked before for an hour and I cannot find a hole anywhere where I can run it through.

Why? because it could get pinched. Ive seen it numerous times.It is not the proper way of doing it. Another reason is because it looks TACKY. Take pride in your work and make it look as clean as possible.You stated you could not find a hole to pass the wire through. Drill one. Get a Step-Bit and drill a hole to pass the wire through and use a grommet. You may not care about competing, But if you pulled up to the competition with your power wire like that they would not let you compete because of safety reasons, For good reasons I might add..........Not trying to bash you or anything just want you to do the job properly and with safety in mind.

Why? because it could get pinched. Ive seen it numerous times.It is not the proper way of doing it. Another reason is because it looks TACKY. Take pride in your work and make it look as clean as possible.You stated you could not find a hole to pass the wire through. Drill one. Get a Step-Bit and drill a hole to pass the wire through and use a grommet. You may not care about competing, But if you pulled up to the competition with your power wire like that they would not let you compete because of safety reasons, For good reasons I might add..........Not trying to bash you or anything just want you to do the job properly and with safety in mind.
whats a grommet? I dont even know where I would even drill the hole at. You think it might be a good idea to do that once I get ready to take my dash off to put in a new head unit? seems easiest to me..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.