Installing a head unit, BIG problem? i've installed 20 units this is a first?

_JaY_
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
WI
So there was recently a amplifier and a OLD 97 sony head unit and equilizer in my 95 gsx i ripped it out put a new head unit in there, problem i have is i had to cut the factory speaker wiring harness because of the retards before, long story short, connected ground, illumination, power and 12volt switch. i go to power it up it works then i connect a pair of speaker wires the head unit will turn off then back on, continuously also if i try to play a cd i've put in it will continuously shut off and on also..worked fine when i purchased it. tested it right in front of me, for 10 minutes.

You probably have the power as illumination or vice versa.

Anyhow, remove all doubt and just re-run new 12v, IG, and ground right from under the dash. Should take 15 mins and you'll be fine. Use 2 seperate fuses for 12v and IG inline also.

V.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.