Boston Acoustics G5'S ?

Ive been runnin a single g5 12 with the pr and love the way it sounds. The only time it starts to sound weird is at very high volume on a bass heavy track. It alomost sounds like the pr isn't moving right with the sub anymore. But I never play it all that loud anyway. Just a really nice sounding small package.
what do you have it tuned 2?

whats the box volume and how much power are you sending it?

prolly exceeding the excursion limits of the PR

what do you have it tuned 2?
whats the box volume and how much power are you sending it?

prolly exceeding the excursion limits of the PR

The box is the one that the g5 and gtr would come in from Boston acoustics I just built my own. It the 1 cu ft each side slanted with the sub and pr opposite each other tuned to 30hz. Sending 500w rms to it. I think the pr is just moving to far. Theres not many songs that make it do it mostly low frequency. But I never listen to it that loud I just turned it up to see what it could do.

The box is the one that the g5 and gtr would come in from Boston acoustics I just built my own. It the 1 cu ft each side slanted with the sub and pr opposite each other tuned to 30hz. Sending 500w rms to it. I think the pr is just moving to far. Theres not many songs that make it do it mostly low frequency. But I never listen to it that loud I just turned it up to see what it could do.
your playing below tuning... go adjust the subsonic filter on your amp

New look for the G5, any other diffs? or just the dust cap?

new: (this is the new g3, but the new g5 has the same dust cap)

eurp_0705_21_s+boston_acoustic+subwoofer.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=520&i=065G51244&tp=111

old g5 look:

G5-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.