Building a proper build?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cerqunce

CarAudio.com Newbie
Brought a new 12 inch subwoofer xr 12D4
Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil, 1200 Watts RMS/2400 Watts Max, 200 oz Magnet. Hooked it up to soundstorm 4000 watt amp. It's only one speaker for now I didn't buy the other yet.

I've only been playing the speaker for 4 or 3 days? And not even a full hour because I'm always working either way I'm a complete noob I turned up all the settings on the amp n it's just not hitting hard at all...

the box I have is Memphis audio 12 dual. I think I might be overpowering the one 12? In a box that's supposed to have one more 12 I'm not sure but I seen my headlights dimming so to much power on that one sub I'm trying to learn as I go help would be appreciated.

i feel like I'm messing up everything

So the gain is not a volume control. Turning it up doesn't mean it will sound better. You need to find the sweet spot and the easiest way is to use different tones.

As far as it not hitting hard. If you have a giant hole where the other 12 inch is supposed to be than it won't hit right anyways. Also what size power wire did you use as well as speaker wire guage. There is alot of variables here.

So the gain is not a volume control. Turning it up doesn't mean it will sound better. You need to find the sweet spot and the easiest way is to use different tones.

As far as it not hitting hard. If you have a giant hole where the other 12 inch is supposed to be than it won't hit right anyways. Also what size power wire did you use as well as speaker wire guage. There is alot of variables here.

Nevermind I got my other 12 subwoofer n my wire is 8 gauge everything worked out fine it hits extremely hard. Thanks for the help

You should have 0 guage wiring to the amp. I doubt you will change it out but 8 guage is good for 600 watts tops. Your bottlenecking your amp right now. Not only that but you will probably burn out the fuse or melt the wire..

Last edited:
Super lackluster newb post. I’m normally not this critical but this fly in fly our intent is almost not worth responding to. Hopefully his subwoofer speaker wire was 8 guage. If it’s his power wore then wish him luck. It “hits hard” so it checks off the box. May want to ease off the gain to allow the sub to break in

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.