Camaro+remote start question...

Participant count
  • Participant list

TylerBD12
10+ year member

BTL is teh secksiness
I have a 98 camaro and i just bought remote start for it.

i'm about to do the installation and i was wondering if i need to get a universal responder (the bypass module) or can i do it w/o it. my ignition key has a little chip on it. Just wondering tho.

preciate it...Tyler

you probly need the bypass. **** i hope u got the remote start and security kuz ur going to be taping into alot of the same wire for both. so it would be easy to do the alarm when doing the remote start

actually from gastonia (right next door) but no one knows where the He\\ that is...close enough tho...

but anyone know bout the remote start?

You have a VATS system, which is just a resistor built into your key shaft. You don't need a bypass module; you just need the correct size resistor and a relay.

You have a VATS system, which is just a resistor built into your key shaft. You don't need a bypass module; you just need the correct size resistor and a relay.
^^exactly wut i needed to know man! thanks

well my dad lives real close to belmont....i know exactly where gastonia is....
sweet well come down this way sometime...its always good to meet a fellow camaro owner..ur car looks nice! need some ideas for mine anyway its a work in progress...

wasnt sayin u didnt know..jst the rest of the general population outside of NC wouldnt have a clue where it is ..easier to say charlotte..

sweet well come down this way sometime...its always good to meet a fellow camaro owner..ur car looks nice! need some ideas for mine anyway its a work in progress...
wasnt sayin u didnt know..jst the rest of the general population outside of NC wouldnt have a clue where it is ..easier to say charlotte..
is there any camaro clubs down that way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.