Remote start+5 speed

your insurance will not cover yoiu if you have a remote start on your car. It can be done. you have to cut the clutch safety cable so that the car will start.

I seriously WOULDN'T recommend rem. start on a stick.

Too many things could go wrong that wouldn't be covered by your insurance; but yes, it is possible.

Possible = yes, hard to do = no, safe and intelligent = NO Don't do it my brother seen it done and the results that come from the one time you forget to leave your car out of gear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah its dangerious, but its also very easy.

I ALWAYS turbo time my car when I get out, so its never in gear when i start it. Even if I have the SLIGHTEST doubt I ddin't leave it in neutral/turbo time it I won't start it

Possible = yes, hard to do = no, safe and intelligent = NO Don't do it my brother seen it done and the results that come from the one time you forget to leave your car out of gear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
2 brands that WILL do it safely...

1 : Compustar

2 : AstroStart

2 brands that WILL do it safely...1 : Compustar

2 : AstroStart

Clifford used to make one as well. I have also seen plans for a conventional remote start system with a series of reed switches to convert to a "safe" manual autostart. Dude didn't say anything about buying a new system, but rather use the codealarm he allready has. That's why I said don't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Straight from every compustar owners manual ( I have 4 models in stock looked through them all ) in the safety precautions. And I quote

3. For manual transmission vehicles

If the CompuStar system is installed in a manual transmission vehicle, extra

precautions are required because the CompuStar does not monitor the gear shifter

So what makes it safe for manual transmissions ?? Just because the company says so ?? My shop will not install a remote start on a manual transmission equipped vehicle for liability reasons. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Allrighty just checked out the astrostart, same thing . While they both say they are compatable with vehicles euipped with manual transmission. THe only safety feature either offers is the e-brake switch. Which is a common feature among other systems as well. He!! in dash monitors have the same thing so dumba$$es don't watch tv while they drive. Once again I am back to asking. What makes these any safer ???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i wouldnt recommend it...me and my dad made my car so that it will start without the clutch being pressed in...and i was going to do remote start, but too many people said it was way too dangerous..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.