Capacitors.. Good or Bad Idea?

Ovitt
10+ year member

I just bought a ACP 1.2 capacitor for my system. The dude I spoke to through powerbass said i should notice a substantial difference in sound quality. Truth or fiction? I know its going to help out with my lights dimming out now and then but sound quality? Im not so sure thats exactly what capacitors are for... Any advice?

It stores power and feeds it to your subwoofer when it needs it. I have one cause it makes my set up look that much better looking. How ever with that question you get alot of different opinions from people, so I say go with ever sounds and benefits you to best.

They make your voltage charge quickly and discharge slowly. Having a capacitor in a system will make your voltage drop quite a bit, so they are basically useless for your system.

i swear to GOD i saw this in a sticky somewhere...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It stores power and feeds it to your subwoofer when it needs it. I have one cause it makes my set up look that much better looking. How ever with that question you get alot of different opinions from people, so I say go with ever sounds and benefits you to best.
Lie: "It stores power & feeds your subwoofer when it needs it."

It holds power for a matter of seconds, until heavy bass comes in, then it drains & pulls from your electrical at the same time as your amp, adding extra stress & adds extra dimming.

I got Supa's mom off by jackhammering her doodoo hole with a capacitator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Right, you can listen to the opinions of countless people or you can listen to the salesman and Enellz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.