Carputer + New System

Sweet man. Check mine out on my cardomain page in my sig //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I I really prefer to just use WinAmp and its MANY AVS screens. works in my setup. Your install is pretty clean tho. I cant show my pics here because I have dam+n in my username on photobucket. LOL. But I got LOADS of pics.

****ing kickass. All I can do is watch DVDs while I drive while reading directions

2247258_32_full.jpg

Look what you did to the stock-beautiful center console of the mazda6!

I couldn't do that if i were to get the mazda3 but you made it look so good, i give you props on how clean that looks and how everything flows together. Excellent job. I'm thinking of taking my barebone MSI Mega 865 and putting it into my car with a setup like that.

oh.. and secondly, why don't you just like integrate a trackball or a touchpad next to your e-brake? That'd complete the whole setup!

How much would it cost to run a full set up installed and everything? Could you use a desktop PC if you could somehow fit it into the car (so you dont have to buy a new computer)?

Thanks.

how do these carpueters work? do u just hook it up to a laptop? and how much woould one cost?
carputers work identically to normal PC's. you don't have to use a laptop. it's probably best to build one and integrate a startup/shutdown controller that turns the PC on and off with the ignition. as far as cost, it can be as cheap or expensive as you want (anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars).

oh.. and secondly, why don't you just like integrate a trackball or a touchpad next to your e-brake? That'd complete the whole setup!
i had thought about something like that. a powermate rotary control would be nice, but i really only use the touchscreen about 99% of the time. i only use the keyboard/mouse for desktop applications.

Is there anyway to put like say, 30 band eq's and crossovers from the computer? I really would like to give this a try.
i'm pretty sure there's a way to do this. i haven't really tried myself, but i think i recall reading stuff about it on mp3car.com.

How much would it cost to run a full set up installed and everything? Could you use a desktop PC if you could somehow fit it into the car (so you dont have to buy a new computer)?
as said before, price is dependent on what you want. a decent monitor can run two to three hundred dollars or more. building a PC from scratch can cost a few hundred dollars and up. if you have the space, an old desktop can definitely do the job. i just happened to have an unused laptop laying around, so that's what i decided to install. really, the possibilities are endless.

I'm sure you can find either a high-end soundcard with sufficient EQ controls, or possibly some software?...

Also, I've seen a lot of people running an Alpine 701 processor and running it through a soundcard with an optical connection...probably the best sound processing you can get out of a carputer

I know there have been some threads about sound quality on caraudio vs computer setup but I mean I honestly think it would be cheaper to have a carputer rather than buying car audio stuff.

I've always wanted navigation and dvd compatability without having to spend a whole heck of a lot. What would be awesome though is if I could have the 30 band eq's and crossovers and I would almost consider going that route. If you can connect an h701, well..........I might have to start reading on mp3car.com ^_^

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.