CD player on, still no sound, Help!!

jamezz23

okay i just bought a 1996 Audi. the previous owner had a nice CD player in it but he wanted to take it out and keep it (everything worked fine) . he had another deck laying around so he gave it to me to have. first of all the guy was stupid not to buy a wiring harness, he decided to hard wire it and now im stuck. my buddy is pretty good when it comes to car electronics so we were going to put the CD player in. it works just fine, turns on, plays the tracks but there is absolutely nothing coming out of the speakers. he claims to have hooked up everything correctly and we are kind of stumped. it has Bose speakers with a factory amp in the back. what do you think the issue is? any input would be nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif thanks

you'll have to locate the turn on wire for the factory bose amp....and tie it in so you'll get sound
I thought the factory installed Bose equipment caused trouble sometimes when trying to use it with aftermarket stuff. I'm no expert on the subject. I've never had to deal with it myself...

you'll have to locate the turn on wire for the factory bose amp....and tie it in so you'll get sound
okay thanks for the info. do you have a explanation why it worked when he had his other deck wired in and not with the one we wired in?

okay thanks for the info. do you have a explanation why it worked when he had his other deck wired in and not with the one we wired in?
He probably had the remote wire connected. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

He probably had the remote wire connected. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
okay thanks, lol ill see what i can find out tomorrow. so the speakers wont work at all w/o the amp wired in? hope i can fix it, ***** not having tunes in the car

okay thanks, lol ill see what i can find out tomorrow. so the speakers wont work at all w/o the amp wired in? hope i can fix it, ***** not having tunes in the car
They'd probably work if you completely eliminate the Bose amp and run new wire from the speakers to the cd player. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They'd probably work if you completely eliminate the Bose amp and run new wire from the speakers to the cd player. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
im gonna try to get it to work with the bose amp for now. ill check if the amp is connected to the cd player tomorrow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.