CDT Classic v. Infinity Kappa

Participant count
  • Participant list

ngsm13
5,000+ posts

BSEE
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, i'm finally going to purchase some components. They will most likely be powered by a USX2080...give me some feedback on the cdt classic 6.5" components system and the infinity kappa 60.5cs. I know people say to listen to them, but i can't hear either one around here! so, i'm looking for what other peopl have to say about them. The cdt's are on sale at thezeb.com b/c of a paint job problem...they are $149.99 and the infinity kappa comps are like $160. any help, thanx

NG

I've heard both...well the kappas a lot more but I've had the oppertunity to listen to CDT's in a customers car.

He installed them himself and obviously wasnt keen on the idea of imaging but I really liked how they sounded.

They were pretty mellow but the highs could scream.

Vs the kappas its actually a pretty close call but I'd give it to the CDT's for one the price is right and 2 I've found the kappas to be a little power senstive

cool, thanx for the help. There are going to go in my dodge dakota ext. cab truck and the mids will go in the door and i'll mount the tweeter on the pillar. No rear fill for me, so i want some good sounding comps up front...nice mid-bass and smooth/crisp tweeter. ne1 else heard ne of these/ got ne suggestions. thanx, peace

NG

Originally posted by ngsm13 Ok, i'm finally going to purchase some components. They will most likely be powered by a USX2080...give me some feedback on the cdt classic 6.5" components system and the infinity kappa 60.5cs. I know people say to listen to them, but i can't hear either one around here! so, i'm looking for what other peopl have to say about them. The cdt's are on sale at thezeb.com b/c of a paint job problem...they are $149.99 and the infinity kappa comps are like $160. any help, thanx

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.