CDT Audio

I bought a few of their 3 way sets a few years back. At the 50% off price point you can't really go wrong with any of the stuff on their menu. Worth jumping on if you have any use for components or coaxials in the foreseeable future.
At 50% off, might be a good investment to just have in the garage for a future install.

Last edited:
I have been running four HD M6+ on midbass, two CL6.2 on midrange, and two 26mm silk domes for my front stage for years. I love them. Each set on its own Polk Audio 500w amp. Those HD M6+ are no joke. I can turn my crossover down, and it will do a 132.6 @ 24hz sealed on the glass, just the 4 HD M6+ playing .... And I get compliments on my SQ all the time. It's not any world class SQ, but for a SQL rig, it sounds great.

What’s up guys new to the board but I noticed the discussion and thought I’d drop in for a moment. I’ve been using cdt for a better part of two years now and I’m happy with them. I’m considering upgrading my 5” hd5 model cdt midbass/midrange driver I have by enlarging the speaker opening in my kicks to accept a larger woofer like a 6.5”. I’m eye balling the es-06 speakers, currently using the hd5, unity8, and drt 25 for my front stage with cdt mx 1000 passive crossovers and in the rear shelf I have the hd6x9 woofers and the rear is setup for a two way but i at times turn off the midrange/tweeters and use the 6x9 as cdt calls them “subwoofers”. They get real low surprisingly and that’s what I use them for mainly. Vocals aren’t anything to rave about from that 6x9 but I thought I would just share my experience with anyone who’s thinking about them. But as far as the front of my sound system is concerned I’ve been thrilled with my speakers and sound quality for such a budget build. Make sure you look under the mothly specials section they have and you can catch some good deals thru there as this was the way i pieced together my components. This was all being run off the cars oem amplfier for the last two years but recently about 2 months ago I finally managed to make the time and drag out of the closet and install my jl jx360/4 class ab amp and OMFG!!! 😁 wish I did this sooner. Sounds are on another level !!!! I just forgot how large and heavy this amplifier was and it’s going to cook next summer if I try to install it behind the carpets. So for Saving weight and space I’ve been on the hunt for a decent budget new amp and one that would runner cooler too and I’ve already purchased and returned a few class d amps because I’ve been disappointed in the overall sound quality and mostly importantly the noticeably increased noise floor sound! Like a white noise hiss when system is idle at volume 0. Open to suggestions for 4 channel amps that are quiet and small if you known of one lmk

Last edited:
What’s up guys new to the board but I noticed the discussion and thought I’d drop in for a moment. I’ve been using cdt for a better part of two years now and I’m happy with them. I’m considering upgrading to the current midbass driver I have by cutting my car up a bit and bumping the speaker size opening to accept a larger woofer. I’m eye balling the es-06 speakers, currently using the hd5, unity8, and drt 25 for my front stage and in the rear shelf I have the hd6x9 woofers and the rear is setup for a two way but i at times turn off the midrange/tweeters and use the 6x9 as cdt calls them “subwoofers”. They get real low surprisingly and that’s what I use them for mainly. Vocals aren’t anything to rave about from that 6x9 but I thought I would just share my experience with anyone who’s thinking about them. But as far as the front of my sound system is concerned I’ve been thrilled with my speakers and sound quality for such a budget build. This was all being run off the cars oem amplfier for the last two years but recently about 2 months ago I finally managed to make the time and drag out of the closet and install my jl jx360/4 class ab amp and OMFG!!! 😁 wish I did this sooner. Sounds are on another level !!!!

The HD-M6+ is awesome, you should look into them.

The HD-M6+ is awesome, you should look into them.
Hey thanks for the quick reply brotha!

I was actually considering those as one of my options, I’ve been speaking with john from cdt and kind of went over the pros and cons of each of these drivers, I think those were one of my initial choices but I’m thinking I might run into issues of it contacting the front kick panel grills and as well as the rear of the woofer would maybe contact metal frame.

Here’s what I got back from them in our recent back n forth emails. Apparently the es line is supposed to handle the best power and is there top line

Hi,

-HD-6 along with ES-6 are our top of the line 6.7” mid-woofers.

-HD-6 with carbon reinforced paper cone is playing louder in comparison, ES-6 use a fiber glass cone which has a with slightly smoother sound. Mounting depth: 2.75

-HD-M6CV and HD-M6 are 6.7” mid-bass drivers

Mounting depth: 2.94”

Use a fiber glass cone performing a more mellow sound but more mid-bass oriented than the above mid-woofers.

-HD-M6+ is a mid-bass/subwoofer driver, more often used as a subwoofer.

Use a carbon treated paper cone.

Mounting depth: 3.37”

Hey thanks for the quick reply brotha!

I was actually considering those as one of my options, I’ve been speaking with john from cdt and kind of went over the pros and cons of each of these drivers, I think those were one of my initial choices but I’m thinking I might run into issues of it contacting the front kick panel grills and as well as the rear of the woofer would maybe contact metal frame.

Here’s what I got back from them in our recent back n forth emails. Apparently the es line is supposed to handle the best power and is there top line

Hi,

-HD-6 along with ES-6 are our top of the line 6.7” mid-woofers.

-HD-6 with carbon reinforced paper cone is playing louder in comparison, ES-6 use a fiber glass cone which has a with slightly smoother sound. Mounting depth: 2.75

-HD-M6CV and HD-M6 are 6.7” mid-bass drivers

Mounting depth: 2.94”

Use a fiber glass cone performing a more mellow sound but more mid-bass oriented than the above mid-woofers.

-HD-M6+ is a mid-bass/subwoofer driver, more often used as a subwoofer.

Use a carbon treated paper cone.

Mounting depth: 3.37”
Yes, I use the HD-M6 for midbass, CL 6.2 for midrange, and the 26mm silk domes for highs. Been running them for years. Absolutely love them too ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...