trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
Item(s) for Sale:

CDT ES-06 Gold 6.7" Midbass Pair

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used

8.5/10

The ES-06 6.7” Extended Mid-Bass (cast frame) woofer has a more massive voice coil and motor structure than typical a bass/midrange, and enhances the mid-bass in the sound as compared to a standard same type woofer. The upper midrange is mellower than typical Euro type woofer designs, and you’ll love the mid-bass response. These smooth Kevlar/fiberglass mixed fabric black coned beauties extract all the music and add no coloration to the sound.

A magnetic system utilizing a shorting ring above the pole piece lowers modulation distortion to new lows. The Fs of 55 Hz gives marvelous extension in compact situations. The ES-06 has the smoothest response imaginable from a larger speaker. You lose nothing in smoothness by going up to this 6.7-inch speaker. With its extended mid-bass punch, its size assures the sound has that authoritative audiophiles crave.

Technical specs and contents:

• 1 pr 6.7” Extended-mid bass woofers
  • Frequency response: 10Hz-4000Hz
  • Power handling: 100WRMS (200 watts Pk).
  • Sensitivity: 89dB
  • Mounting depth: 2.9”
  • Cutout diameter: 5.87”
  • Cast frame: OD 6.7”
  • Cone: Mixed Kevlar/Fiberglass
  • Magnet weight: 30 Oz
  • Cone surround: Butyl rubber
  • Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Fs: 55Hz

My thoughts: These are great midbass woofers that will need to be paired with midrange or mid/tweeter drivers that can be crossed down below 1 kHz for best results. 2" would be fine, but a 3" or 4" would be better for higher power handling if desired. I can help you with that selection. I was running these active with 85W RMS per woofer.

Price:

$185 shipped to the lower 48 states

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

We ship worldwide. If you're not in the lower 48 send me a pm for a quote.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...