DC lvl 3 problem

If it still smells like its cooking, less with the gains on the amp. and use the control on your headunit instead.
could it be bad electrical clipping my amp? battery is refurbished and over 5 years old

but the kid i bought it from had it in same box, and on a hifonics 1000 watt, and it slammed, no clipping or bottoming out intill i put it in my truck?
Different vehicle, different results. Bottoming out isn't a result of different installs, clipping, old batt, etc. It's a purely too much power kind of thing. The difference in spl is from changing vehicles and maybe not having it set up in your truck for the best results. Cabin gain is going to be different in each vehicle, so you'll get different response curves based on that as well.

What vehicle was it in before, and what truck do you have? Also, how it is set up in your truck?

could it be bad electrical clipping my amp? battery is refurbished and over 5 years old
It could be running low voltage thus not putting out as much power as you think it is, in return you turn the gains or volume up and causing it. If you have access to a dmm I'd check your voltage at full tilt at your amp and see what its reading. Other than that I dont know:crap:

And if you cant find anyone with a dmm you can get one at wally world or somewhere like that for ~$10

Different vehicle, different results. Bottoming out isn't a result of different installs, clipping, old batt, etc. It's a purely too much power kind of thing. The difference in spl is from changing vehicles and maybe not having it set up in your truck for the best results. Cabin gain is going to be different in each vehicle, so you'll get different response curves based on that as well.
What vehicle was it in before, and what truck do you have? Also, how it is set up in your truck?
was in a 1999 grand prix, i got a s10 extended cab, 3.5 cubic foot box, i think 32hz, port firing up sub facing up

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It could be running low voltage thus not putting out as much power as you think it is, in return you turn the gains or volume up and causing it. If you have access to a dmm I'd check your voltage at full tilt at your amp and see what its reading. Other than that I dont know:crap:
And if you cant find anyone with a dmm you can get one at wally world or somewhere like that for ~$10
well, voltage on my s10 goes from 14ish to like 10 11ish

Yeah you dont want to ever be dropping below 12. You have the big 3 done? Might want to get that battery upgraded too while you're at it.
plan on red top, but would that casue it, i fixed bottoming out i tihnk, but i still smell cooils burning and its not even loud or turned up high

plan on red top, but would that casue it, i fixed bottoming out i tihnk, but i still smell cooils burning and its not even loud or turned up high
Wouldnt cause the cooking but it will cause harm to your amp. I dont know why the sub is smelling, especially since it should be broken in by now. The best advice I can give is try to find someone with an oscope to peek at the waves and see if your amp is clipping or if the sub is just bad.

but i sold it to him i was bumping it fine for over an hour before he came and got it on my amp and then as soon as he hooks it up it starts to smell

that meakers no since

but i sold it to him i was buming it fine for over an hour before he came and got it on my amp and then as soon as he hookes it up it starts to smell that meakers no since
Might be something wrong internally with his amp then. But it shouldnt be smelling like that. I know its a hassle and all but maybe try putting it back on your amp and see how it smells. or switch your amp in his truck real quick to see if it does. Easiest way to figure out if the amp is the problem or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.