Different Options

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I am trying to change what I got from what I have in my sig. I am not necessarily wanting more output, but essentially a bigger bandwidth of frequencies, such as a 4th order, tline, maybe even a sealed enclosure with 2 18s only for sealed, or a 6th order with a few woofers. What would you do? Trying to keep my amp the same and going to upgrade my mids and highs later on. Opinions and thoughts? Woofer brands, sizes, enclosure style? Trying to get mid 20s to probably 40ish or a little bit above.

Ttt. Also I could do two better 15s that are better sound woofers and upgrade power later on. Any options? I do like to have different setups if I can. Even with two fifteens, I could use unique brands like sas or ampere subs.

Yeah I was suggested those too. Probably can find a pair around 600 or so used. Would rather try something else since everyone has those but there is a reason why they are popular.

Shrink port area a little and retune you box around 28-30hz should help you dig a lot lower. Vehicle peak should help upper 30-40range stay strong.

Ttt. I've been narrowing it down for a couple of days. It doesn't need to be as loud as my 2 15s now in terms of cone area at all - I've narrowed it down to like 2 12s or 1 15 or 3 10s in a 6th order or 2 or so 8s in a bandpass of some sort. Any suggestions? Mainly wanting a daily beater that I can listen to most frequencies but still peaks in the mid 30s.

do a different box.
Thought about that, but mainly wanting to try some different subwoofers. I've always wanting to try to do a bandpass in my car and see how it sounds as well.

It's all in the box. Going with a higher order bandpass is not gonna get you a bigger bandwidth than what you already have. Stick with ported with a lower tune or think about going with smaller size subs with a T line. Talk to CSCStang about what he can whip up for you. There's also a folded horn design which has good bandwidth as well. 18's sealed would have good bandwidth but won't be as strong output down low. If it were me, I would go T line for ultimate bandwidth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.