DIY active 3-way driver recomendations????

ID Oems would be a good choice as mention before. Seas Neos seem to be a good matching tweeter to them, as well as the Blaupunkt VC100s (budget tweeters, but sound great).

You have a very nice budget for a active 2 way setup. Im sure you could do something for 1/2 or even 1/3 of your orginal amount stated.

Processing is your first concern, not drivers.
Should I repeat? Ok....

Processing before drivers.

Then install.

Then tuning.

This message brought to you by a 10 year old ******* who doesn't know jack **** about running an active system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
damn straight

Please clear the fog...
Hybrid Audio does not make the HDSS tweeters, TBI does. I believe that is where you are wrong

ID Oems would be a good choice as mention before. Seas Neos seem to be a good matching tweeter to them, as well as the Blaupunkt VC100s (budget tweeters, but sound great).
You have a very nice budget for a active 2 way setup. Im sure you could do something for 1/2 or even 1/3 of your orginal amount stated.
The Blaupunkt are no longer made i believe.

damn straight

The Blaupunkt are no longer made i believe.

True, but every now and then they pop up on ebay. Seller a month or two back had several sets like the ones I picked up. I got mine on here, and I saw someone selling a set not too long ago.

Seas Neos would be a nice choice as well, but its up to him.

And I defintly agree, processing is extremely important. It doesnt have to be the most expensive thing either. The Memphis in my sig gave me great results, at a low price.

Total, I spend less than $200 for my active front stage.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

True, but every now and then they pop up on ebay. Seller a month or two back had several sets like the ones I picked up. I got mine on here, and I saw someone selling a set not too long ago.
Seas Neos would be a nice choice as well, but its up to him.

And I defintly agree, processing is extremely important. It doesnt have to be the most expensive thing either. The Memphis in my sig gave me great results, at a low price.

Total, I spend less than $200 for my active front stage.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
There really are some good tweeters out there for the OP to choose from. Just look around for some closeout prices from companies going out of business. I got myself some crystal tweeters for $30 and have been running them for a while with good results. But then i just bought some TBI HDSS to try out, for $100 it can't hurt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm still staying under 200 for my active front stage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Edit: Look on PE or madisound for some good raw drivers

Processing is your first concern, not drivers.
Should I repeat? Ok....

Processing before drivers.

Then install.

Then tuning.

This message brought to you by a 10 year old ******* who doesn't know jack **** about running an active system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I'm still trying to decide, but I have my eye on an AudioControl DQXS
Also thanks to everyone who gave recommendations.

some good info in here i need to research some of these drivers. I havent heard of some of the tweeters mentioned and im sure they are great. Im going with DLS for now i may change down the road tos ee if i like something better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.