DMM gain set

Participant count
  • Participant list
Skar 800.1

American Bass XO 1244 dual 4 ohm 400 watt rms

I have the subs wired to 1 ohm. Calculation says I need to set at 28.28v to be at 800 watts.

When I try and set the gain with the DMM using a 50hz tone it has me setting at before half way on the gain with the speakers attached to get the 28.

If I try reading w/o the speakers wired it has me around 1/3 of the way up to be at 28.

For the hell of it I tried reading it at Max w/o speakers and it reads at 55.5v.

Max with speakers it reads ~38.78. So I set it to the 28.28 with them hooked up and they sound kinda pitiful.

What am I doing wrong?? In my mind this amp should be at 800 watts around max gain not before half way.

I've had regular Rockford 12s on 300 watts sound better in a trunk. I mean I know these aren't top of the line but 400 watt rms in a hatchback should be shaking something not a slight tickle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe you have to leave the speakers unhooked to set your gain. Yup, I'm right...because you would/might blow them. Don't want that.

This is a great vid on how to

Setting it without the speakers hooked up it seems like the amp defaults to a 4ohm setting. 55.5@4ohm would work the calculation back to around 800 at 100%

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.