DOES BRAND MATTER??? ...and for the price does it really matter??

I have ran cca and ofc, same car same system. Only thing I switched was the wire. My score didn't change one bit. If your building a 100% comp car get ofc, if not then just use the cheaper stuff, as long as your not trying to get away with to little wire you will be fine.

Its not about your score. Its about feeding your equipment. If you use it to long it will heat up, heat = less current passing

Its not about your score. Its about feeding your equipment. If you use it to long it will heat up, heat = less current passing
lol I run DD amps I know all about heating issues, trust me if I would have gotten a temp increase I would have known. I have also melted power wires in burp cars for the shop here to and they use ofc stinger. for a daily driver you will be plenty fine with cca if you use the proper amount of wire per current draw.

lol I run DD amps I know all about heating issues, trust me if I would have gotten a temp increase I would have known. I have also melted power wires in burp cars for the shop here to and they use ofc stinger. for a daily driver you will be plenty fine with cca if you use the proper amount of wire per current draw.
Key words..

The really big issue that I see is the amount of wire that I will be using.

I plan to use 25 or so feet to connect my alt to my battery, to complete my "BIG 3." I drive a volvo and my battery is in the trunk.

I am only using one amp, an AUDIOPIPE 1500d. Its amperge draw is rated 100amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.