does it matter which way my port is facing?>

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
building a new box and its either the port is facing into the cabin with nothing really in its way or the other way which is like inches away from the side of the trunk. id wanna have it facing toward the side of the wall just so the sub sits close to the wall as well so nothing i put in the trunk can smash into the sub while driving

http://ddaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/12_full_size.pdf

as you can see the port sits on the same side as my port so i wanna sit in on the left side of trunk and other random things to the right of it but if i turn it the other way where the sub on the right the port would be free of anything but my sub would be sitting next to things my amp is against the rear seat on the left side and does it matter where my terminal cup is? if i put it on the left side on the same side as port would the wires flap around being lead right in front of the port? should i stand clear of the port? or is it to close to the sub inside? i dont wanna run it on the other side just because it wouldnt look as clean.

the ms paint is real

u just have to try it, I flipped my box over 2 days ago so sub and port fires into car 1" from back seat (but I usually have at least 1 of the seats down) and it was considerably louder than facing rear

Yes it does. Which way it sounds best is up to you. Try it both ways and even check from the outside of the truck. You my hear things you don't from in the truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.