Does this audio shop guy know what hes talking about?!

actualy my dads a mechanic and knows cars eletricals. But can some one explain to me the diode, relays and isolation.

actualy my dads a mechanic and knows cars eletricals. But can some one explain to me the diode, relays and isolation.

Seriously...if you have to ask about simple things like diode isolation and relays...you really shouldn't be attempting a remote start install. A fried computer in a car can be a very expensive mistake. Take it to a pro who does it for a living and have it done right.

Seriously...if you have to ask about simple things like diode isolation and relays...you really shouldn't be attempting a remote start install. A fried computer in a car can be a very expensive mistake. Take it to a pro who does it for a living and have it done right.
well How else am i too learn? i am very interested in this stuff and like learning about car audio and eletrical i mean if its what i want to do in the future. But im not tryint to damage my car...im trying to get a hold of an instaler friend that'll show me how its properly done....

You can get all your wiring info for the DIY at this site I believe http://www.bulldogsecurity.com They are pretty simple to install if you never done it before it'll probally take about 2 hours...If you've done a few about an hour tops.....
wow, 2 hours for a remote start/ alarm DIY for someone that has never done it b4, i'd like to see that install after its done

I wouldn't //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

youve never seen a bulldog security alarm... they are the biggest joke around. they have models that install simply by attatching alligator clips to the battery terminals.
you can buy them at wal-mart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif . and they work great, as long as you dont need it to work at all.
You're right, I wouldn't buy any car electronics at wal-mart //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sick.gif.b1847c8dabbfeeddbcf1a78052249e10.gif Bull dog is garbage.

If you look at louisianna_crx's post . He doesn't say go buy a bulldog . He just mentioned that bulldog has wiring diagrams on their site //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well How else am i too learn? i am very interested in this stuff and like learning about car audio and eletrical i mean if its what i want to do in the future. But im not tryint to damage my car...im trying to get a hold of an instaler friend that'll show me how its properly done....

I am all for trying to do things yourself. But an alarm (especially with remote start) on a newer vehicle just isn't something you want to just jump into. If you are going to do the install yourself, get familiar with how relays, diodes, and different electrical systems work. Once you understand the basic concepts behind them, it's not too difficult to do. I wasn't trying to discourage you at all by my post, just trying to let you know some info before you fry something.

I have seen numerous of the key add on systems cause alot of problems. We then fix them at the dealership. Install the factory remote start which is just a few dollars more and no more problems. Have you checked Ford? I know for chrysler you can get add on modules for shock, radar, hood and trunk pins. They actually work quite good. They just dont have extra triggers for rolling up the windows, close sunroof, etc.

realistically, almost all cars's door pins need to be diode isolated, i dont really remember the last alarm i did which didn't require any diodes at all
no not almost. all door pins, etc. need to be isolated from each other. the mustang, and other fords. you need to isolate from the gem also

Thanx for the help...Im going to take your advice and let someone who knows what they are doing do my alarm. But i still want to learn so if i can find someone who would do the install and walk me through what they are doing. or i can just sit and watch, i know how to put 2 and 2 together. but just problem is finding a shop that'll do it for a decent price with quality work.

around $180 - $200 for just the install of a remote start+alarm is the norm.... anything less i wouldnt do just cause im sure itll be a shitty job... i have had a good 6-7 installed and always between 180-200 for labor... and yes two keys and a bypass are needed...

Shiat no...i looked around...shops charge 200 and wont show me how to do it....FUDGE IT...i guess im going in alone

Shiat no...i looked around...shops charge 200 and wont show me how to do it....FUDGE IT...i guess im going in alone

Why the hell would they show you how to do it? If they show people how to do it, they lose business...this is Business 101. You didn't truely expect them to let you watch, did you?

**** ive watched how to put in Hus, and amp kits...thats how i learned. All im saying...either I am going to learn on my own or from some on that knows how to do it. im not cheap...neither am i some guy with daddys credit card rolling into audio shops just picking stuff out and letting them throw it together letting cost be on perents bank statment... I do all my installs and im going to do my alarm install myself too

neither am i some guy with daddys credit card rolling into audio shops just picking stuff out and letting them throw it together letting cost be on perents bank statment...
How'd you get the '03 mustang and the rims for it then?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.