Does this kind of head unit exist?

Oregon
So I have a unique need for a head unit with a passive aux input. I think passive is the correct word. The reason, I have a radar detector that is very quiet. With the music turned up or the windows down, I cannot hear when it goes off. It is placed in my peripheral vision but during the day I still sometimes do not notice it going off, thus making it useless.

My question:

Is there such a head unit in existence with an aux input that could play audio even when the aux is not selected. For example, I have all my music on a micro sd card plugged into the usb port. So if the radar detector was plugged into such and aux port, I would be able to hear the alert. Is there a product available to do this?

If not a head unit, Is there possibly another way that anyone could think of that would get a similar result.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of a head unit that will interrupt one audio source to play audio from an aux input. If you could somehow use a mute wire input to make the aux input override the other inputs that might be a possibility.

Many head units have a mute trigger for when a phone rings. Should be relatively simple to rig up your radar detector to simply mute whatever you're listening to. Alternately I'd personally just use some LED's in the visor or something since I expect having your music cutting out or being over-ridden by radar detector would get old fast.

Many head units have a mute trigger for when a phone rings. Should be relatively simple to rig up your radar detector to simply mute whatever you're listening to. Alternately I'd personally just use some LED's in the visor or something since I expect having your music cutting out or being over-ridden by radar detector would get old fast.
This is your best bet and the led idea is great

You could look into radar detection units that integrate your smartphone into its UI. If your setup works in such a way where your music is coming off your phone via Bluetooth or aux, I assume an alert would interrupt the music. Only a half solution i would guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.