double din size monitor

nismboy6986
10+ year member

the **** technician
can anyone give me any low priced-decent quality monitor that would fit in a double din slot well? I don't know much about mobile video but i am guessing the wiring would be +12v, ground and red,white,yellow rcas. i'm thinking i could just do the power connections, run the yellow rca to the monitor, run the red,white to the input on my head unit, get a power inverter just big enough to sufficiently power a ps2 plug it in and hook rca to it, right?? so what inverter would i need to power a ps2 if sony hasn't come out with there own proprietary connector to power a ps2 in a car since its so popular to put them in a car.

What is your budget? A 5.6" or 7" monitor should fit, but not without modification to yor dashboard. Just about any power inverter would work, it should be able to supply at least 100W, in case you decide to upgrade. You can get a 100W inverter for less than $20 online. As far as monitors, well IconTV makes good quality stuff its, not the cheapest though. I dont know if brand name is important to you, but I would look for something with more screen and less plastic housing arouind it. There are a lot of brands that are out there right now. You can pick up a decent 7" TFT LCD display on ebay for under $120 shipped. You have all your planned connections correct, follow that and you should be fine. What vehicle is this planned install for?

its a 95 nissan sentra. the way that area is made all i need is a monitor just the right size and i can mount it just like a amp and put the factory trim plate back on. i might have to modify it a little so that you only see the screen not the housing but it will pretty much be that simple. the hardest part i see of the install would be relocating the HVAC controls to the headliner.

Has anybody seen or used the new Kenwood ? I was thinking of getting one but no one has them localy. Don't really want to spend that kind of cash without seeing it first. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.