Easiest cars to make loud

crx
/thread

Umm no. Crx has tiny alternator and hard to fit multiple alts,how you spouse to get loud if you can't power a big amp? Crx ain't hauling a lot of batts either. cabin peak around 60hz. So unless you like to drive around burping 60hz tones they don't get super loud... A 99 Ford Explorer would get louder easier IMO. They get loud easier then most vehicles

I dont like 2 door hatchbacks. Too small. Mazda protoge or speed 3 or mazda 3 hatch (newest versions are pretty nice) or volkswagen gti or WRX are much more livable cars to drive then an old beat up CRX. Not to mention they get loud enough easily and at a MUCH lower frequency than 60hz with the CRX.

Car length has a lot to do with your starting resonant frequency

I dont like 2 door hatchbacks. Too small. Mazda protoge or speed 3 or mazda 3 hatch (newest versions are pretty nice) or volkswagen gti or WRX are much more livable cars to drive then an old beat up CRX. Not to mention they get loud enough easily and at a MUCH lower frequency than 60hz with the CRX.
Car length has a lot to do with your starting resonant frequency
Interesting, a crx sounds terrible. How do people know that 60 hz is the crx peak frequency?

How would a Hyundai Tiburon compare? Anybody know what the peak frequency is?

My mustang probably peaks around 40 hz which is great, would a tiburon be similar? They seem about the same size

Interesting, a crx sounds terrible. How do people know that 60 hz is the crx peak frequency?
How would a Hyundai Tiburon compare? Anybody know what the peak frequency is?

My mustang probably peaks around 40 hz which is great, would a tiburon be similar? They seem about the same size
Just some of the comp cars ive seen purposely leave their crx undeadened and burped around 58hz or so. They said they would lose on the meter if they deadened. So im just putting two and two together. They might actually peak that high undeadened.

7a5b7b1b925ee1e60dc41debdabc85c6.jpg

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Awesome man! Yours banging loud? Sadly my car isn't what it used to be 5 yrs ago, mechanical problems, rust, and someone broke in and stole my whole system and destroyed my back seats in the process lol
I am going to keep the Roush2 mostly stock, the side exhaust hums a rather pleasing tune.

As far as SPL, the CRX is king, but I would rather build my wifes mini van into something loud as its easier, more comfortable, and a huge looker to see a van bumping some rebassed Itsy Bitsy Spider or something with my kids enjoying themselves with me.

20160513_124445_zpsj3kvfepl.jpg

I am going to keep the Roush2 mostly stock, the side exhaust hums a rather pleasing tune. As far as SPL, the CRX is king, but I would rather build my wifes mini van into something loud as its easier, more comfortable, and a huge looker to see a van bumping some rebassed Itsy Bitsy Spider or something with my kids enjoying themselves with me.

20160513_124445_zpsj3kvfepl.jpg
Lol that's a sight.

Anything hatchback with space. My 3g eclipse got loud on just two 12s. People with systems similar to mine couldn't believe how much louder it was. Nothing fancy either.

Awesome guys, thanks for the response, sounds like a hatchback is my best bet. Also I won't be looking for numbers with my next system. Just something that's deep and loud.
I got really excited at the idea of a Tiburon because I just saw one on Craigslist for sale in my city, an 08 with 80k miles for 6 grand and I didn't realize they were hatchbacks, looks like the trunk area is huge too
i would get a 350z over a tiburon

Umm no. Crx has tiny alternator and hard to fit multiple alts,how you spouse to get loud if you can't power a big amp? Crx ain't hauling a lot of batts either. cabin peak around 60hz. So unless you like to drive around burping 60hz tones they don't get super loud... A 99 Ford Explorer would get louder easier IMO. They get loud easier then most vehicles
put 2x12's ( which is what the op I Believe said he was going to do) in an Explorer tuned at 30hz and then put the exact same setup in a CRX and let me know how much louder the Explorer is lol

why do you need a huge alt and tons of heavy batteries again with Lithium/Caps and Nimrods on the market , and most of the time a CRX is louder on 2k than most other vehicles on 5k+ , the exception is the SUV's will allow you to use more cone area to gain more amplitude across a wider bandwidth

So if the question was whats the easiest cars to make a ground pounder or demo rig then I would agree with using Explorer/Tahoe/Excursion etc.

put 2x12's ( which is what the op I Believe said he was going to do) in an Explorer tuned at 30hz and then put the exact same setup in a CRX and let me know how much louder the Explorer is lol
why do you need a huge alt and tons of heavy batteries again with Lithium/Caps and Nimrods on the market , and most of the time a CRX is louder on 2k than most other vehicles on 5k+ , the exception is the SUV's will allow you to use more cone area to gain more amplitude across a wider bandwidth

So if the question was whats the easiest cars to make a ground pounder or demo rig then I would agree with using Explorer/Tahoe/Excursion etc.

Is this a daily driver? Because a crx might be a little bit louder but at 60hz... An explorer will be louder in the 30-40hz. I had a 99 mountaineer which is same as explorer and with a 1500watt crunch amp and a Memphis mono 15" sub up port up I did a 146db... Idk what freq it was at but like 35-40hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.