Easiest cars to make loud

Is this a daily driver? Because a crx might be a little bit louder but at 60hz... An explorer will be louder in the 30-40hz. I had a 99 mountaineer which is same as explorer and with a 1500watt crunch amp and a Memphis mono 15" sub up port up I did a 146db... Idk what freq it was at but like 35-40hz
I have built multiple CRX's /Tahoe (all gen) / Explorer (all gen)/ Bronco and Bronco II before the Exploder, for pure SPL (DBDRA/USACi/MECA/NSPL ) and ground pounders

Yes ,CRX's like 55-63hz sealed on the dash and outlaw in the kick better than say 35hz but generally speaking if the cars are built right and are doing 160+@58hz you would still be doing 155+ in the 35-45hz range , I built one several years ago that was 2x12's after some massaging would do 155 legal headrest and rolled down into the lower 30's really well

I will say this if a CRX is built by a hardcore SPL competitor for that sole purpose that you see around than yes they will drop like a stone after tuning in the tiny burp boxes they use , but they can be built either way and do very good numbers both ways

I have built multiple CRX's /Tahoe (all gen) / Explorer (all gen)/ Bronco and Bronco II before the Exploder, for pure SPL (DBDRA/USACi/MECA/NSPL ) and ground pounders
Yes ,CRX's like 55-63hz sealed on the dash and outlaw in the kick better than say 35hz but generally speaking if the cars are built right and are doing 160+@58hz you would still be doing 155+ in the 35-45hz range , I built one several years ago that was 2x12's after some massaging would do 155 legal headrest and rolled down into the lower 30's really well
****! What you was using?

CRX's if you want to burp good numbers yeah.
Overall, I feel like GM full-size vehicles are the best platform for big demo builds while still being daily drivers. Easy to fit lots of alternators on and plenty of space. Now that high voltage is growing popularity, I'd say a Chevy Astro or GMC Safari van (same thing basically) would be the best demo vehicles, although I wouldn't want that as a daily driver.

For small builds getting loud, less cabin volume would be better. Problem is, it's tough to get a cool, cheap, and reliable small car. CRX's are hard to come by. Also, I hate changing alternators on compact front-wheel drive cars. Have had to do that in auto tech class. Honda's have pcm regulated voltage, so as much as I like them, I wouldn't recommend one with ELD (or whatever their abbreviation is).

I think an 80's Camaro or Thunderbird would be cool with subs up port back in the hatch. Should get loud

41597-500-0.jpg

Don't get a convertible or T-top though obviously, cuz those will eat deebeez //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
The gas tank is kind of an issue in those camaros and T/As, not alot of room back there and to bolt chits down takes work

The gas tank is kind of an issue in those camaros and T/As, not alot of room back there and to bolt chits down takes work
I think a "CRX-style" box with subs up and external flared aeroports back. If I was on a tight budget, I'd try that.

Should have room for more alternators if you decide to upgrade later.

Could attach the enclosure to the floor with industrial epoxy instead of screws

I think a "CRX-style" box with subs up and external flared aeroports back. If I was on a tight budget, I'd try that.
Should have room for more alternators if you decide to upgrade later.

Could attach the enclosure to the floor with industrial epoxy instead of screws
Those cars are becoming rare too..Most I see around here are in a yard a jacked up, ones running are rare to see..If you could find like a 70-87 K-5 Blazer,it wouldnt take much to make that joker loud..Those Integras I had both slammed pretty good..the 90 240 sx I had did great too, but running the wiring was one hell of a bich..Ill never wire up another 240 thats for sure

Those cars are becoming rare too..Most I see around here are in a yard a jacked up, ones running are rare to see..If you could find like a 70-87 K-5 Blazer,it wouldnt take much to make that joker loud..Those Integras I had both slammed pretty good..the 90 240 sx I had did great too, but running the wiring was one hell of a bich..Ill never wire up another 240 thats for sure
Yeah, I just really like the 80's Camaro look.

I like the 80's S-10 Blazers. I just like the 80's GM styling in general. They're not quick or super reliable, but they look cool to me and aren't ridiculously expensive

My dad always had the 80s and early 90s s10 Blazers with the 4.3l v6 when I was a kid and they seemed pretty reliable back then.

He always had a pair of 12s in the back and they were decently loud for what he had in there.

My friend has a mk4 golf and flip, his 2 12 w3's pound super hard even with only 600 watts. Small car tho. And yes I have heard louder but when I sold him my old stuff, eveything I had sounded louder in his car aha. But I love my sedans aha

My dad always had the 80s and early 90s s10 Blazers with the 4.3l v6 when I was a kid and they seemed pretty reliable back then.He always had a pair of 12s in the back and they were decently loud for what he had in there.
Yeah, I'm not saying they weren't reliable.

After years of ware and tear, it's going to be hard to find one reasonably priced without issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.