mrmex
10+ year member

colorado
Ive done:

rca grounding on head unit.

swapped rca's

grounded head unit and amp at same spot

shortened amp ground to one foot or less

If i remember correctly i did not have whine until installed inline fuse before fuse block or swapped amp? could it be one of these?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ive done:rca grounding on head unit.

swapped rca's

grounded head unit and amp at same spot

shortened amp ground to one foot or less

If i remember correctly i did not have whine until installed inline fuse before fuse block or swapped amp? could it be one of these?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
seperate your hu ground and amp ground - make sure all grounds are free of all dirt and paint.

not sure how you could have shortened the amp to less than 1 foot if you grounded it the same spot you grounded the HU:confused:

Update!

I had the pioneer headunit serviced for pico fuse, same ****!

If i disconnect one of the rca's on the amp the whine goes down in volume but still there. Could the noise be from the amp? I got it used from here, an MTX road thunder..old black version.

ive had 3 pioneer head units in a year and a haft,, there just really toutch y, i just go to wall mart pick one up but the bad one in the box, return it, get your momey and the broken one if off to the factory

pioneerpicofuse.jpg

Really thats some **** that you have to mod a brand new $300 piece of equipment just to get it to properly working order. It should work out of the ****in box.

So what are the details on this resistor mod?

Also how do i ground the rca shielding ?

I guess i can search, ill post up again if i dont find anything...thanks dman

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.