Excited about my upcoming CDT audio install!

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazed54
10+ year member

Hawaii
Hey, i'm just about to put in my order for a custom CDT ef-61cfi/25 tweeter set with upgraded xover. My car is a nissan 350z and i will be powering the front components with a jl 300/2 amp whereas the rear CDT ef-61neox coaxials will be run off my aftermarket HU power.

Before my speakers arrive I had a question regarding placement of the speakers. Unfortunately i won't be using kick pods and don't want to randomly mount the tweeters in the kicks. I will mount the midbass in the sound dampened door, and the tweets in the sail panel (stock location), which is opposite the sideview mirror.

The tweets, i'm assuming, will have angle mounts and considering the relatively small size of my 2 person cabin, would it be best to point the speakers right across at each other, towards the windshield or some other angle to make it sound good. Or maybe even put it in the A pillar and bounce off the windshield?

I'm not an audiophile and probably won't be able to decide which sounds better even if i move it around with velcro. so i'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter even if it is negative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thank you.

and i will post pics and reviews once the speakers come in. can't wait!!

Best thing to do is use double stick tape and put the tweets in various places and see which sounds best to you.

To each there own, but I personally can't stand the way the tweets sound in the a-pillars.

Best thing to do is use double stick tape and put the tweets in various places and see which sounds best to you.
To each there own, but I personally can't stand the way the tweets sound in the a-pillars.
+1 and in a Z, the door panels are so high, the tweets will be almost level with your ears. I'm thinking your referring to my install with the tweets in the kick panels with velcro. I would try it out. One of my woofers' cones separated from the spider so I'm sending them in for warranty. Apparently they are just going to send me a new set so I'm kinda excited too. I am planning on running them active when I get the new set though. I really would suggest either the A-pillar as stated above, or the kicks....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.