Factory Amplifier with Aftermarket Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

njknittle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
PA
I have a 2000 VW Jetta with that comes with a factory amplified sound system. My question is that if I get a After market head unit, I currently have a spare Alpine, would it be an easy plug and play or do i have to do something with the factory amp.

Check crutchfield and ask an advisor. I have a C5 corvette with factory Boss amplifier. They told me i needed a special harness to connect the head unit to the factory system. Im sure you will be in the same position as me. No big deal though and all just about every harness costs less than like $75.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.