Fast 4 door cars.... help me out

Lulz. That was my half-kidding fanboy rant. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I do in fact know about the other sectors of the automotive world - I go to a school where nearly every single person is obsessed with cars, as such I have seen a large assortment of their respective communities. Back in Cali I used to go to meets where hundreds of cars would gather, and all the different groups would have their little areas. The Subaru guys were always the nicest, most helpful people and it is the same in MI. I know some awesome people in the diesel truck community and the old old Chevy truck community I've met here. I don't think the Subie community is necessarily better than other, but it is filled with people who will wave to you on the streets, drive alongside for miles, help when you need a hand with something... There are a few @ssholes of course but that is the case with any large group of people. I would rather be a member of the Subie community than any other I have seen, (though I don't claim to know them all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif No one does).

Consumer Reports has listed Subaru amongst the top manufacturers practically since Fuji created Subaru. Reliability has always been high, and the only real weak link in the WRXs is the transmission, as it is the same one from the Impreza. You can beat the **** out of the engines and they will usually thank you kindly for it. Yes people have had issues with them, but the boxer engine on the whole is an extremely robust and reliable piece of engineering.

and joseph, mine is a sedan. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
Uh that rediculous "boxer" motor you fan so hard for is the very reason the car's coolant rests above gasket level corroding the head gaskets (as well as other parts) from the minute the car is filled with coolant.

Subaru is not even in the same spectrum of reality as many of the sedans I listed.

Subaru's break everywhere, everything in them is cheap, they cost a ton to have repaired if your mechanic will even touch it, they are not great overall...Sure a turbo charged all wheel drive car is fun..Whoopie. Set aside 2 grand the day you buy it for new head gaskets amongst many other costly repairs.

For the same repair costs you could drive a Mercedes (computer issues), Cadillac (oil leaks), Volvo (electrical issues), Saab (coolant leaks), Audi (electrical problems), Jaguar (sensors), or BMW (timing belts)..As you can see all of these cars require preventative maintenance and just repairs in general, so when you will be repairing any and all vehicles why choose to repair something like a Subaru *Cringe*

Charger R/T?
I was literally posting a link to one of these. The 08 SRT8 fits every criteria you specified, and looks fierce will just a wheel upgrade. It's really easy to make them look spectacular with the stock performance to match. Definitely the best suggestion in this thread with the STi pulling a close second.

Subaru is not even in the same spectrum of reality as many of the sedans I listed.
Subaru's break everywhere, everything in them is cheap, they cost a ton to have repaired if your mechanic will even touch it, they are not great overall...Sure a turbo charged all wheel drive car is fun..Whoopie. Set aside 2 grand the day you buy it for new head gaskets amongst many other costly repairs.

For the same repair costs you could drive a Mercedes, Cadillac, Volvo, Saab, Audi, Jaguar, or BMW..
I don't mean to argue with you sir, but for the benefit of the OP Mercedes' reliability of late has dropped drastically as CR and others will confirm. My friend's dad had a BMW, and its repairs were what kept the local shop in business. Several of my co-workers have Bimmers and they are always fixing something, albeit never the engine. Cadillacs are heavy and very anti-modify-me, and I would never consider a Jag for fear of side-of-the-road time. I would buy a Volvo or Saab any day, and Audi perhaps just because they are so fun, although I would be a bit worried about reliability. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't mean to argue with you sir, but for the benefit of the OP Mercedes' reliability of late has dropped drastically as CR and others will confirm. My friend's dad had a BMW, and its repairs were what kept the local shop in business. Several of my co-workers have Bimmers and they are always fixing something, albeit never the engine. Cadillacs are heavy and very anti-modify-me, and I would never consider a Jag for fear of side-of-the-road time. I would buy a Volvo or Saab any day, and Audi perhaps just because they are so fun, although I would be a bit worried about reliability. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Subaru is a one trick pony. Ugly little rally cars and hippy station wagons. All cars require repairs so why overpay to have garbage repaired when you could repair a worth while vehicle. Yea Jaguar isn't one of the top luxury car brands in the world or anything all Jags are just sitting on the sides of roads, right. Driving a Subaru must skew your perception of reality...You have no clue about Mercedes' "reliability of late" ROFL dude..wow..You are clueless. "My friends daddy blah blah" ROFL.

Alrighty man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You buy what you want and I'll do the same. I don't think it'll help the OP for us to argue childishly and I don't think we're going to come to an agreement. I've said what I know from the research I've done and experience I've had, take it for what it's worth. Good luck OP and I hope you enjoy whatever you decide on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.