First 4th

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Any x 15 4th owners that can offer real world advice? 4th ordering two x15s on about 3-3.5k. My space allows 5.25 sealed, sundown said 2 cft but I wanna play from 20-80'of possible with brutal highs and low lows for the decaf etc.... would have about 14 before displacements for almost a 3:1 ratio. What tuning and port are for the ported in. Opinions greatly appreciated. First ever 4th design and build. Vehicles a 07 trailblazer. @CSCStang any help buddy if you have a sec :)

[quote name='Lbetts818']Any x 15 4th owners that can offer real world advice? 4th ordering two x15s on about 3-3.5k. My space allows 5.25 sealed, sundown said 2 cft but I wanna play from 20-80'of possible with brutal highs and low lows for the decaf etc.... would have about 14 before displacements for almost a 3:1 ratio. What tuning and port are for the ported in. Opinions greatly appreciated. First ever 4th design and build. Vehicles a 07 trailblazer. @CSCStang any help buddy if you have a sec :)[/QUOTE]
A 3:1 will not get you the bandwidth you're looking for man. You'll have a very peaky box that will be good for numbers. A 1.5:1 will give you much more but a ton of playing around with tuning MIGHT get you close.
If you want bandwidth like that your best bet is a 6th order but not with those subs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

@CSCStang What would you recommend sealed and then the ported chamber footage? and how much port and tuned too? Thanks so much!! I'm really looking to crush 20-60 wit 20-40 my main focus. Noob to 4ths, have 46" wide 25t and 25d to work with. Maybe a hair taller.

[quote name='Lbetts818']@CSCStang What would you recommend sealed and then the ported chamber footage? and how much port and tuned too? Thanks so much!! I'm really looking to crush 20-60 wit 20-40 my main focus. Noob to 4ths, have 46" wide 25t and 25d to work with. Maybe a hair taller.[/QUOTE]
Ill run some numbers and holler back at some point tomorrow. Been insane busy at work, barely have any free time lately.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

[quote name='Lbetts818']Any x 15 4th owners that can offer real world advice? 4th ordering two x15s on about 3-3.5k. My space allows 5.25 sealed, sundown said 2 cft but I wanna play from 20-80'of possible with brutal highs and low lows for the decaf etc.... would have about 14 before displacements for almost a 3:1 ratio. What tuning and port are for the ported in. Opinions greatly appreciated. First ever 4th design and build. Vehicles a 07 trailblazer. @CSCStang any help buddy if you have a sec :)[/QUOTE]

if its the megaroll, you'll be playing 20 to 47hz at best. Nothing after 50hz will be audible enough for any real musical enjoyment.

Same thing no? I want the best band with possible with a focus on the lower endnote while also sounding good and of course loud as possible. Seems like a lot to ask for but what I'm after. I love rebassed music, rap, and whatever else I'm in the mood for.

Same thing no? I want the best band with possible with a focus on the lower endnote while also sounding good and of course loud as possible. Seems like a lot to ask for but what I'm after. I love rebassed music, rap, and whatever else I'm in the mood for.
wide bandwidth and output don't go hand and hand. smaller ported box low tune seems to be your best bet. larger ported boxes offer more output around tuning. also phasing between the port and sub is critical..

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

you might beable to do good with a 6th order 2 to 1..

Last edited by a moderator:
For what you want, no more than 2:1. You can utilize a slightly larger sealed side to get resonance down; but keep in mind that this will esentially shift the bandwidth down too. Tuning for ported side is ideally right at the resonance of the sealed side.

But a 4th is give and take. 1.25:1 will be very flat, but less output than say 2.5:1, which will not be as flat

Output is a factor of course but I want to play real low all the way to the higher notes. My current box is 9.25 with a 10" aero tuned to 32 and is a young jeezy type music monster but looses it's nuts below 28hz....I love the head splitting highs but looooooove 25-35 the most. So 2:1 my best bet correct?

Sundown said 2 cubes per sub but how does 5 cubes sealed and 10 ported sound. Was reading 45ish is a good number to start around for tuning but how much port area? Heard half of cone area general rule of thumb? If so that would be 175sq in or so

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Seriously thank you guys for the help. I just know I can get more than my current box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.