Going crazy with static from set up, what am I missing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RoachForLife
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Hey all. So the other day I began hearing static from a front speaker. Began investigating and he is what ive concluded and tested

Was coming from right speaker so I swapped the L and R RCAs going from HU to Amp. It was now coming from my left speaker. This told me it was NOT my speaker, the speaker cable, or the cross over.

I havent pulled my HU yet but plan to do that next. At this point it seems it could be only the HU or the RCAs, would you guys agree? Or is it possible to have a bad speaker wire going to my right speaker, and still cause static on my other speaker somehow? Doesnt seem likely.

Anyhow Im running an Alpine x100 HU and monoprice premium RCAs. Perhaps I should have gone with a name brand RCA. Argh

Any help on what Im missing is appreciated!

Okay. I would switch out and put new RCA's. Also I would recommend grounding your RCA's on the back of your H/U. You can do this by simply soldering some some soldering wire from the back of the head unit to you RCA on it. Just small dab of metal. Let me know if you need a pic of how it looks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.