golf cart system assisstance

Beaver1992
10+ year member

Boom Boom Boom
NC
ok i plan on putting a radio and some speakers in my golf cart but was wondering how to go about powering them. since my golf cart is electric it has 6 6v batteries in it and my radio is a 12v input. do i have to install another battery to hook this up or is their some way to hook it up. thanks for the help

why would you need another battery?? 6 6v? so do the cart motors run off of 36v just? the batteries should be wired in series, just tap into the second battery from the first, that should be 12v, every time you series wire batteries voltage is added, so 6v-12-18-24-30-36 total

why would you need another battery?? 6 6v? so do the cart motors run off of 36v just? the batteries should be wired in series, just tap into the second battery from the first, that should be 12v, every time you series wire batteries voltage is added, so 6v-12-18-24-30-36 total
Correct. Wire across 2 adjacent batteries for 12V. Any 2, whichever are easier to access.

i thought this too but every where i looked it said add a 12v battery.

I would expect this, but what about when he goes to charge the system. if the hu was on the circuit when 36v was added for charging purposes what would happen?

^^my only concern

I think a golf cart runs off 6 volts. the batteries are wired parallel. you would need a good 12 volt battery maybe a kinetic 1400.
if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. wire to any 2 batteries in the cart. It will work just fine.

I would expect this, but what about when he goes to charge the system. if the hu was on the circuit when 36v was added for charging purposes what would happen?

^^my only concern
this is my concern also

^^my only concern
Nothing bad. The voltage across any two batteries is still 12V. No worries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.