Great system? Horrible sound?

SubmerseMusic
10+ year member

Hey. I have 6.5" Alpine type-r components in the front (crossover set at "6"), 6x9 alpine type-r speakers in the rear, and an Alpine CDA-117 headunit. The speakers are powered by a Rockford Fosgate P400,4. Simply put, it sounds like shize. It's distorted, hissy, and a sort of phase to it. The front speakers have baffles (so they are airtight sealed). The grounds are fine, I am running 1/0 gauge. I have NO IDEA what is wrong and neither do the alpine certified installers I took it to. Please help :eek:) my ears hurt from the sound. I drive an 04 chyrsler sebring lx. Thanks

We also tested the system with a high class boston amp and it only helped a little with the white noise, nothing else though. the components sound the worse by far.

first when you say the xover is set to 6 do you mean -6db that is where it would need to be in the range of to go loud and stay clean second check the gain on the amp third turn the boost on the amp all the way down set it to HPF and adjust the xover to around 60hz that should clear it up maybe? just a couple guesses without hearing it in person.

Take a picture of the knobs on your amplifier, that will help us a lot...we need to know what everything is set at to even begin to try and help you...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.