Great system? Horrible sound?

The installer made them sound correct, but, today I had them put foam baffles in the front speakers, 3 1/2 in the dash (which I ended up taking out because they sounded horrible), and re-run the ground of the head unit (with an aftermarket ground).

I played with the amp and got everything to sound good, but a minute later it sounded really thin, the bass is really boomy, and I can hear a bad hiss. There is no white noise when a song is not playing, but when it does, you can hear static. And when you turn up the volume knob you can hear a pop (distortion). Ground loop sounds likely.

Hey. I have 6.5" Alpine type-r components in the front (crossover set at "6"), 6x9 alpine type-r speakers in the rear, and an Alpine CDA-117 headunit. The speakers are powered by a Rockford Fosgate P400,4. Simply put, it sounds like shize. It's distorted, hissy, and a sort of phase to it. The front speakers have baffles (so they are airtight sealed). The grounds are fine, I am running 1/0 gauge. I have NO IDEA what is wrong and neither do the alpine certified installers I took it to. Please help :eek:) my ears hurt from the sound. I drive an 04 chyrsler sebring lx. Thanks
What kind of certified place was this?

I would HIGHLY doubt they are certified, if they can't find the problem. Sounds like an easy fix if you had everything in front of you, the "Certified" installer should have been able to fix this easily. Was it a local shop, best buy, etc?

This Friday I am supposed to be getting my whole trunk and two of my doors roadkilled. Plus put two 15's and an amp to be put in, and a yellowtop optima. BUt I don't want to keep putting crap in my car if it doesn't work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.