Headlight bulbs...

swaptrex
10+ year member

Supporting Member
Michigan
i am looking for a new set of bulbs for my truck and wondered what everybody else had on here. i was looking at sylvania's line of bulbs, mostly the silverstars, but i heard these have no blue tint what so ever. i don't want anything that will melt my connectors or anything of that nature. HID conversion is not an option, and i would like to stay in the $50-$75 range for all four.

my silverstars are great, no they arent blue. But they are a very bright white. My friend has an eclipse and he bought $9 bulbs from ebay and they are really blue, he says they are HID's but i know they arent.

http://www.luminicsbulbs.com/

These aren't ghetto either, many good reviews. Of course they will be slightly, but only slightly dimmer than pure white bulbs but that goes for anything.

I would say stick go with the silverstars but if you really want a blue tint to them then try out the luminics.

I really enjoyed my Silverstars too, they are the most reliable I have seen for a standard bulb. I switched to hid's now but still would recommend them.

I'm using MTECs (jap bulbs). A friend of mine has the Lumincs and they are very bright and white. He's had his for over a year, no problems. Luminics = Good deal IMO. I didn't like the silverstars when I had them in my last vehicle, just preferenceI guess.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swaptrex

10+ year member
Supporting Member
swaptrex
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date