Help picking efficient full range 1200-1500w 1ohm Mono block I'm lookg

94 ranger

CarAudio.com Recruit
I am looking for advice choosing a relatively affordable Amp to power Four pioneer ts-m650pro 6.5" 4 ohm drivers , within the 1200-1500 watt range giving 300-400 watts per at 1 ohm . Been out of the loop with manufacturers and reputation but looking for that off the wall brand that does what it should at a very fair price range . Not talking about oz audio or arc audio or jl prices ,but something like ds18 amps or taramps even looked into b2 , but can't seem to narrow down a full range mono block amp with the power .
I'm not trying to find a 4 channel that will push 1200 real watts at 14.4 mostly cause theyr all 600-800$
So thought to just do like most and run raw power @ 1ohm on a monoblock with full range adjustment.
I was considering taramps I don't know there real reputation or any known issues , definitely not going off Amazon reviews ... And not looking for a problematic amp that runs Hot!
Just a good amp that can do 1200-1500 at 1 ohm mono and I'm assuming full range capability seeing as these are raw midbass drivers .
Thanks to all that point me in the right way .

I’ve had 11 Taramps amps so far and loved them all. The MD1200 and MD1800 would fit your goals. Pretty sure those Pioneers are more 100rms each with a 1” coil.

I am looking for advice choosing a relatively affordable Amp to power Four pioneer ts-m650pro 6.5" 4 ohm drivers , within the 1200-1500 watt range giving 300-400 watts per at 1 ohm . Been out of the loop with manufacturers and reputation but looking for that off the wall brand that does what it should at a very fair price range . Not talking about oz audio or arc audio or jl prices ,but something like ds18 amps or taramps even looked into b2 , but can't seem to narrow down a full range mono block amp with the power .
I'm not trying to find a 4 channel that will push 1200 real watts at 14.4 mostly cause theyr all 600-800$
So thought to just do like most and run raw power @ 1ohm on a monoblock with full range adjustment.
I was considering taramps I don't know there real reputation or any known issues , definitely not going off Amazon reviews ... And not looking for a problematic amp that runs Hot!
Just a good amp that can do 1200-1500 at 1 ohm mono and I'm assuming full range capability seeing as these are raw midbass drivers .
Thanks to all that point me in the right way .

Do your self a favor and keep stereo separation. or else your music will sound like a blob of hot mess with mono. Taramps run ice cold, not hot. They have push pull fans, other amplifiers dont. Those JL amps you mentioned are nuclear power plant heat levels by comparison. Taramps DS1200x4 is what you want. basically 192x4 at 4 ohms at 12.6 volts

Do your self a favor and keep stereo separation. or else your music will sound like a blob of hot mess with mono. Taramps run ice cold, not hot. They have push pull fans, other amplifiers dont. Those JL amps you mentioned are nuclear power plant heat levels by comparison. Taramps DS1200x4 is what you want. basically 192x4 at 4 ohms at 12.6 volts

I'll give that 1200.4 amp a shot.. I wasnt knockin taramps I heard they were good but never specifics on running hot or not, definitely priced well.
As far as the mono setup that was justified and recommended by a few high-end interior installs I seen online with quality mids like prv and crescendo neos. Basically stating over powering raw driver's wiring all 8ohm drivers in parallel to a full range mono amp is the way to go... basically loosing fade and balance .

I just wasn't sure which way to go. And for the other comment the pioneer 6.5 pros are supposed to be decent and there bullet Tweeter's are widely talked about , it was them or prv mid ranges . And I didn't want screaming mids with tweeter like frequency's .
Would you suggest a dsp ? I ordered 10 drivers 4 for my suburban doors and 4 for my rear barn doors and 2 for the rear roof brackets . Made new mdf vinyl wrapped panels and custom pods for the front door panels , basically all new staging that these old Chevy's never had aside from 4x6 dash .

I just made a purchase on the 1200x 4

Any suggestions for a taramps 4 channel to run four 4ohm bullet tweets ? All the taramps I'm seeing around the 400x4 range only putting out 63 watts at 4ohm a Channel and 100 watts at 2ohm how will that work for 4 bullet 4ohm tweets calling for at least 100w rms

Ds800x4 is 125 rms @ 4 ohms.
So just want sure if I was seeing this right , taramps all of them particularly the two I just ordered

DS800X4 And DS 1200X4

They all share a + and - off the one middle terminal as shown in the illustration ? You get 6 physical terminals total too run 4 speakers at ,4ohm
But only 3 run two speakers ?
What's it doing exactly by putting + and - together of that one lead is that still stereo ?
And this isn't Bridging cause it shows standard Bridging for 2ohm load .
Just wanted to know ahead the purpose behind this design so I don't blow s*** up .

Last edited:
So just want sure if I was seeing this right , taramps all of them particularly the two I just ordered

DS800X4 And DS 1200X4

They all share a + and - off the one middle terminal as shown in the illustration ? You get 3 physical terminals too run Two speakers at ,4ohm
What's it doing exactly by putting + and - together of that one lead is that still stereo ?
And this isn't Bridging cause it shows standard Bridging for 2ohm load .
Just wanted to know ahead so I don't blow s*** up .
Another question I don't have a 2nd agm in the back of the vehicle yet nor do I have my 250 amp alternator just yet , I do have 00 ran to the back and Big 3 under hood.
So since these do efficient power at 12.6v, will I be ok with one battery for these two amps running interiors for now .
Or are they power hungry ?
There are no subs or Sub amps ran just yet so....

I'll give that 1200.4 amp a shot.. I wasnt knockin taramps I heard they were good but never specifics on running hot or not, definitely priced well.
As far as the mono setup that was justified and recommended by a few high-end interior installs I seen online with quality mids like prv and crescendo neos. Basically stating over powering raw driver's wiring all 8ohm drivers in parallel to a full range mono amp is the way to go... basically loosing fade and balance .

I just wasn't sure which way to go. And for the other comment the pioneer 6.5 pros are supposed to be decent and there bullet Tweeter's are widely talked about , it was them or prv mid ranges . And I didn't want screaming mids with tweeter like frequency's .
Would you suggest a dsp ? I ordered 10 drivers 4 for my suburban doors and 4 for my rear barn doors and 2 for the rear roof brackets . Made new mdf vinyl wrapped panels and custom pods for the front door panels , basically all new staging that these old Chevy's never had aside from 4x6 dash .

When you have music, you have left and right stereo which gives your instruments life and separation, gives you a whole concert sound stage in your car. When you have mono, you lose all that, sounds are not anywhere as smooth, its literally a blob of mess. The properly done setups are with Two mono amps ran in stereo mode. Not one. Not to mention you can time align drivers individually as well. Soundstage is key.

you definitely want an active capable head unit or a dsp to provide a smooth transition from mid to tweet with properly set crossovers.

Another question I don't have a 2nd agm in the back of the vehicle yet nor do I have my 250 amp alternator just yet , I do have 00 ran to the back and Big 3 under hood.
So since these do efficient power at 12.6v, will I be ok with one battery for these two amps running interiors for now .
Or are they power hungry ?
There are no subs or Sub amps ran just yet so....
just set your gains via your car's voltages and you'll be fine. dont let it dip below 12.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.