Help voltage issus ASAP!!!!

Alejandro14

Senior VIP Member
Texas
yesterday i added a capacitor i never checked my system for the voltage ... so the cap charged at 13.4 and i started playing some lil wayne and it went big time to 11.2 or 11.4 i was like hell nahh so i need to know if i need a bew battery ' i bought my f150 2007 used like 6 years ago and never had a problem before installing the system with the battery its a black duralast '... have big 3 done also.

i am running 2 amps ... 1 is a memphis pr1.1000 rms at 1 ohm for subs ... 1 memphis pr750 i think for my door speakers ' in total both amps maybe 1500 rms ... i have 2 American Bass xfl1044s running 1 ohm ... both amps accept 4 gauge wire i installed for both 4 gauge ofc nemesis brand .... speaker wire is 14 gauge and also did a big 3

the cap is a red stinger 5 farads ' and its new ... i added the cap because i was having dimm lights and also another problem my hu is a soundstream but sometimes it heats up and sends ugly signal to my speakers and subs stop working i have to wait like 20 min for it to gets kinda warm for it to start playing again

and i think its the battery too ' because i cant even let my system on with the tuck off ' for nomore then 5 minuets because it gets discharge '!!!

what about a yellow top optima ?!? i can get it for 160 with a friend for new at oreillys ' and 1 more thing howcome when i turn on my truck around 2 pm and here were i live its like 110 farenheit and my hu wont send signal to my amps ' meaning ' i turn all the volume all the way to 50 and you can barely hear it like if it was in 5 :/ thats my other problem .

Stay away from Optima. They have really gone down hill. I recommend a juicebox battery.

Soundstream is the issue with the headunit. They aren't really known for quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.