Help with Speakers not being loud enough

Participant count
  • Participant list

shalizi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So i just got done finishing up the install in my truck. For my headunit im running the pioneer avhp4300dvd which has a 4v preout. Components are image dynamics ctx65cs up front and Image dynamic cs60 coaxials in the rear. Amps are MB quart q4.150 and Sundown Saz1500d. Subs are 2 ID10's. So i followed some instructions on setting the gains. I put the headunit volume up to 35/40 then begin to raise the gains on the amp until it started to clip, then went back down a little bit. (mbquart tells you when signal is clipping). But even with this done its not even close to being loud enough. I have my hpf on my headunit set at 63hz and the eq is on flat. Im not really sure what else i need to do. Any help would be great! thanks

The MB Quart isn't a powerful amp. What voltage can you maintain? Both amps reduce output as battery voltage drops.

Pioneer is known for output voltages that are lower than rated.

It is possible you have phase interference issues that may be fixed by verifying polarity or crossover slopes.

im gonna pretend i know what you just asked me...honestly i dont. My truck has 2 batterys and is running at around 14 volts...does that mean one of my speakers could be hooked up wrong?

You can use you balance and fader to test for phase interference or polarity issues. If it seems to get louder when you move to one side, then swap polarity,

First step is to verify polarity.

Polarity is the electrical wiring, positive and negative. this is easy to verify.

Acoustic phase is the arrival of sound at your ears. This actually matters but is more difficult to understand.

when i use my fader and fade to the front only it gos from both sides working to only the right side working up front...does this mean the left side is wired wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.