How does one build an amp rack?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
So im driving a 94 camry. ive got a 4 channel under one seat, a mono amp another seat. Looking to get a ms8 soon as well as run 1/0 awg wire and split to 4 awg to the two amps plus processor.

Ive heard you dont want to run remote wire to anything more than 2 amps. How would one go about getting another remote wire ran and from where?

Where does one put all this equipment for much easier access? Im tired of taking out my seats everytime im trying to rewire something or mess with gains.

Is there a good thread/site somewhere that lays it out? How do you all have your set ups laid out?

Also ive heard you run a fuse that is the total amperage of your wire. So if i have a 1/0 input with 3, 4 awg outputs. Would i simply add all the amplifiers amperage together and then get a fuse at that rating?

You use a relay on the remote wire.

the12volt has diagrams for it.

Build amp support however.

just do not mount to box and be secure and strong.

All wirr should always be fused at rating of wire.

it can be safer if device being used pulls much less current, you can fuse lower.

Well i was thinking of mounting to seats but idk, i feel like there is a way better way to do it.

I could make an mdf wall where my seats fold down but then the bass would be trapped in the trunk. Ive seen people screw amps to their back deck. Im sure thats an iffy way to go. All the amp racks i see are all extremely nice fiberglass or the works. Im just kinda lost as to where to put it all and have it still look nice.

There are many good reasons for using an amp rack, but the primary factor is cosmetics. Even simple racks make an otherwise ordinary installation look sophisticated, and features such as forced-air cooling, motorization, and custom upholstery can transform a simple rack into a work of art.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.