How does this make any sense?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrBananaMan
10+ year member

Michigan
My subwoofers and amp work fine together, until I was experimenting one day. The amp is mono, and I have two subs. They are wired with a positive and negative from each sub in their correct channels on the amp (2 positive wires in one channel, each leading to a different sub, and same for the negative side). The polarity and ohms is correct also. The weird thing is that if I unhook sub A, the amp goes into protect mode, turns back on, and goes straight into protect mode over and over again. When I unhook sub B instead, sub A and the amp work fine. And yeah, they work fine when they are both plugged in too.

What the heck is going on here?

second picture is how I am wired: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22

Well I solved it, for anyone that read this. I used ONE set of wires to test both subs, and both subs worked independently with the amp. Then I tried the other set of wire and wala, they were sending the amp into protect mode. So i just tightened up the wires and screwed them in better, and somehow its all working now. I still don't get how they worked when they were both plugged in together but not separately, becuase if one set of wires isn't working, then it just shouldn't' work, ever.... 2 subs at the same time or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.