How good are the DS18 12 inch Select Series woofers?

cybertron131

Florida
Here is a Amazon link to one of them:

https://www.amazon.com/DS18-SLC12S-Select-12-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B00TSUDOYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501277062&sr=8-1&keywords=ds18+12+inch

It's a very cheap 12 inch that looks to have a nice bit of excursion capabilities given the appearance of that beautiful surround (for the price)

However, I can't find ANY videos on it ANYWHERE on the internet. I've found only a few Youtube videos of people playing the speakers, but they are very short and severely under-power it.

Is it because it's a new product?

Has anybody else ever had experience with this product? Ever had one?

Also for those looking to buy this subwoofer, I already purchased it. I'll be the 1st man on planet Earth to upload a high quality vid of these subs playing at their proper power requirements, if you are interested.

Here is a Amazon link to one of them:https://www.amazon.com/DS18-SLC12S-Select-12-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B00TSUDOYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501277062&sr=8-1&keywords=ds18+12+inch

It's a very cheap 12 inch that looks to have a nice bit of excursion capabilities given the appearance of that beautiful surround (for the price)

However, I can't find ANY videos on it ANYWHERE on the internet. I've found only a few Youtube videos of people playing the speakers, but they are very short and severely under-power it.

Is it because it's a new product?

Has anybody else ever had experience with this product? Ever had one?

Also for those looking to buy this subwoofer, I already purchased it. I'll be the 1st man on planet Earth to upload a high quality vid of these subs playing at their proper power requirements, if you are interested.
they only play down to 41hz and if u run more than 400rms to it it may not last long, i read specs on 1 i don't they have much excursion.. sure it's worth $50 but thats about it., if u want to try them go a head., if u want to spend very little $ and have good bass buy pioneer 3003 ($80 ebay) like mine and port it, it has mirrored spiders & 600rms..

wow it looks beautiful from the front, and then she turns around and I am running away as fast as I can. It's like you bring a beautiful woman home and when you pull down her pants she has a sausage. That's what I compare this sub to.

Less than 10lbs?! Its like the magnet is just a plastic piece with a few refrigerator magnets inside. It is a 45oz magnet, that is insane.

You got fooled by the make-up and fake chi-chis my friend, this sub is a full blown tranny and $50 has definitely been wasted on the hunk of junk. I honestly can't figure out why these companies want to make a sub look so capable without actually making it at all capable. Why waste the nice surround and cone on nothing. They have a stitched surround on a sub that cant even reach its x-max due to lack of power. What a waste...

wow it looks beautiful from the front, and then she turns around and I am running away as fast as I can. It's like you bring a beautiful woman home and when you pull down her pants she has a sausage. That's what I compare this sub to.
Less than 10lbs?! Its like the magnet is just a plastic piece with a few refrigerator magnets inside. It is a 45oz magnet, that is insane.

You got fooled by the make-up and fake chi-chis my friend, this sub is a full blown tranny and $50 has definitely been wasted on the hunk of junk. I honestly can't figure out why these companies want to make a sub look so capable without actually making it at all capable. Why waste the nice surround and cone on nothing. They have a stitched surround on a sub that cant even reach its x-max due to lack of power. What a waste...
Thats why i didnt even bother looking into it. Lol

I'd rather run a lanzar max pro than that hunk of garbage.

closest to a soundqubed hds you can get for under 60 dollars.

8xu0G5.jpg

73Av5I.jpg

I'm with you there. I was highly considering a couple of the lanzar infinite baffle subs in my wife's Chevy cruze. I was going to do a trunk baffle with a couple 15's or 18's. I settled on a sundown sa 6.5sw in 33hz instead and I don't regret it.

I'm with you there. I was highly considering a couple of the lanzar infinite baffle subs in my wife's Chevy cruze. I was going to do a trunk baffle with a couple 15's or 18's. I settled on a sundown sa 6.5sw in 33hz instead and I don't regret it.
i just put in some pics of the max pro's motor lol. Biggest budget double stacked motor structure along with a 2.5 inch coil for 45 bucks. For dirt cheap i dont see it getting any better. Almost the same weight as the entry level 12s from all the main spl brands.

i just put in some pics of the max pro's motor lol. Biggest budget double stacked motor structure along with a 2.5 inch coil for 45 bucks. For dirt cheap i dont see it getting any better. Almost the same weight as the entry level 12s from all the main spl brands.
FU has some pretty solid little subs for 65 bucks too. I'd like to have a few of these cheap subs just to check them out, but I'm not willing to waste any money I them lol

did u play those lanzars? ported? i like their coax and have a set of 5.25 in door out door book shelf speakers they have something stupid like a 50oz magnet on them (been along time since i seen specs) but they 10x heavier than they look, play mighty deep for tiny speaker..

I thank everybody for the replies! I actually cancelled the Amazon order soon enough before it shipped and got my money back. As somebody who has a roadkill, spraypainted, possibly already blown Sony Xplod drowned in a ocean of surround glue and air leakage along with a curbside RARE scratchy old Alpine Type E 12" in the SAME BOX/SAME SYSTEM I was pretty desperate to get some better drivers.

If anybody wants a picture of what I described, feel free to ask. It's quite the sight.

As a side note, I have a Kicker CXA1800.1 and the **** thing shuts off before the xplod hits it's own mechanical limit. The ground is VERY good, and it's not that hot to the touch. The amp is being challenged with a 2 ohm load, which it is rated stable for so I don't get the big deal. I want to blow up subwoofers with my kicker amp, but every time I try to the thing shuts off like a ***** and it kind of pisses me off that I payed $450 for this.

My other option is a broken Craigslist amp by a company called "MD". They have a website (at least, I think it's their website) called MD Sound. I got it for $10 and it had 4 fuses. I can't find any information about this amp on the internet.

The seller claimed that it was a "3000 watt amp" which idk if that was RMS or Peak.

Video of that amp:

And yes, I know my Facebook account is linked. I can give less of a ****. Currently this mysterious and sketchy looking amp is being inspected by a friend that deals with electronic repair/soldering/caps/e.t.c. I'll get it back and see what this thing can do

I thank everybody for the replies! I actually cancelled the Amazon order soon enough before it shipped and got my money back. As somebody who has a roadkill, spraypainted, possibly already blown Sony Xplod drowned in a ocean of surround glue and air leakage along with a curbside RARE scratchy old Alpine Type E 12" in the SAME BOX/SAME SYSTEM I was pretty desperate to get some better drivers.
If anybody wants a picture of what I described, feel free to ask. It's quite the sight.
yeah those subs don't look like they have a motor or magnet worth anything.. u want something little better maybe look at dark audio subs on ebay at least they have decent size coil and magnet but idk how well they last.. look at pioneer 3003 about 500 almost 5 star reviews over a few sites.. if u want good 12 cheap have u seen sundown E bstock on car audio bargain.com $95 brand new nothing really wrong with them everyone loves the bstock and 1 of those ported with like 600rms be as louder or louder and last longer than 2 ds18

closest to a soundqubed hds you can get for under 60 dollars.

8xu0G5.jpg

73Av5I.jpg
You run your taskbar on the right? i had my taskbar on both the left and right when i ran dual displays with the aid of display fusion and i loved it, but i always autohide the taskbar as i run my home desktop on my living room tv (burn in is far worse on LDC TFTs from a few years ago that tvs used vs the ones on computer monitors, plus i hat looking at the taskbar anyways LoL if i want it, its a mere windows button press away //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.