How Much Sound Dampening.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

connersdad19
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
For those of you that own blazers. Mine is a 2000 4 door and was wondering how much mat i would need to do all 4 doors, floor and the back hatch area? If anyone can help that would be great.

and one more question. Would i be better off getting mat or just the sludge? i know i wont have the money for both.

i used 50sqft for the roof, back hatch and alittle on the sides in the back.

fyi, deadening the back hatch didnt work out real well in my jimmy. its not flat and there is alot of curves and holes and whatnot. I ended up using that great foam stuff and filling up most of the hatch with that and it works great.

i used 50sqft for the roof, back hatch and alittle on the sides in the back.
fyi, deadening the back hatch didnt work out real well in my jimmy. its not flat and there is alot of curves and holes and whatnot. I ended up using that great foam stuff and filling up most of the hatch with that and it works great.
yeah i planned on using the foam thanks for the help.

Id definately use the deadener on the roof instead of the floor.
yeah. sounds like im going to go with the mat for the whole thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.