How Much $$$ To Install An Alarm

i was quoted $250 for just labor to install a viper 791xv (remote start). this was one of the best shops in town and does the best work that ive exp with.

best buy charges aroun 150.lifetime warranty on the install.
really on all types of alarms?

but then again the installer at my best buy says dual is some of the best stuff on teh market right up there with alpine.lol.Also said interent brands **** becasue if they were better theywould be mainstream lol guy was a jackass, the other seemed really knowlegable tho

I wouldn't let the best buy near me touch my car, they've messed up too many cars. Plus, their lifetime guarantee is worthless if they don't manage to stay in buisness for as long as you own your car. Just my 2 cents.

But will they install what they dont sell??? the thread starter wanted to buy an alarm off the net and get a third party to install it.
the one i work at does. we isntalled a thorx or some weird brand name the other day, lol. we prefer vipers tho.

I wouldn't let the best buy near me touch my car, they've messed up too many cars. Plus, their lifetime guarantee is worthless if they don't manage to stay in buisness for as long as you own your car. Just my 2 cents.

best buy has been aroun for what 40 years.. have u owned a car for 40 years? hold on are u even 40 years old? i didnt think so, lol. ur not even half that age.

the lifetime warranty is like this

for 1 if they **** up ur car, they have insurance claims that get ur car all fixed by an autharized dealer

second if n e thing is wrong with the alarm they will fix it 100% FREE of charge

third if u buy a new car we will remove it from ur last car for FREE and only charge u an install charge for ur new car.

four, all wires must be soldiered. not fast cutting with buttconectors n electrical tape;)

so technicallty its a good deal since they will fix n e thing that gets ****ed up..

how much do best buy installers make an hour? Do you make more if you are MECP certified, because I can take the test any time, I bought the Study guide, and It looks easy to pass.
depends on experience pretty much.

and u generally make about 1-2 dollas more if u are MECP qualified.

i havent even stared into the book yet. just got the job like a month ago.

but BB sends u for the test for free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.