How to phyically wired an amp relay to avoid thumping when turning on/off?

mmmmm this wont help your thumping problem.

tou have a bad ground, start by grounding your hu with an external ground not the ground in the harness. then ground the amp better, and finally ground the frame of your car to theneg batt terminal.

and p.s. you can buy that relay at an autoparts store for around .99 cents. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

mmmmm this wont help your thumping problem.
tou have a bad ground, start by grounding your hu with an external ground not the ground in the harness. then ground the amp better, and finally ground the frame of your car to theneg batt terminal.

and p.s. you can buy that relay at an autoparts store for around .99 cents. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I went to Kragen and Autozone and did not see any there.

Which part of the car frame should I ground to the battery?

Thanks,

Hi guys,I just bought a relay switch from Ebay. I would like to know which wires goes with which to wire up 2 of my amps to avoid thumping when turning them on and off?

Link to relay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280343162366&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

Thanks,
I thought it was the amps fault? Lack of a "soft" start.

Besides, if thats a 40a relay you dont need to put it on either the power or ground unless your system is very low current. ~400 watts RMS or less

not really, they usaully have them in the foglight section and want like $12

but you should have bought one with a plug and pigtail

edit- I thought that picture was wrong, go off of this one

basicrelay.jpg

Would this switch works for my 2 amps? I got a 4 channel with a fuse of 40A and a 2 channel with 35A fuse.Thanks,
Probably not...

you need a 75A relay.

I think you can use a starter relay from advance.

Probably not...you need a 75A relay.

I think you can use a starter relay from advance.
lol has nothing to do the the fusing or wattage of the amps, it doesnt hook inline with the power wire, it hooks inline with the remote turn on and yes he can do it, its only like .5amps for each componet to turn on

30 power from batt86 remote from deck

87 to the remote on the amp

85 ground

or actually what i do is hook 86 to the switched ignition wire for the radio
So 30 power from battery is the power line isn't it? Or do you mean other line we are talking about?

Or do you mean the power from the head unit harness? So this switch is wired in behind with the head unit?

Thanks,

yes 30 is constant power from the battery, you can go to the battery or find something in the fuse box or tap into constant power in the headunit harness

you can put the relay wherever you want

86 i use the switched power in the headunit harness

yes 30 is constant power from the battery, you can go to the battery or find something in the fuse box or tap into constant power in the headunit harnessyou can put the relay wherever you want

86 i use the switched power in the headunit harness
So can I tap into the yellow lead on my head unit? Or should I use the Red lead which goes to the accessory terminal?

Thanks,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.