I hate ricer pipes

2 styles of exhaust i really dont like are flowmaster sound and weed wacker.

My friend has a greddy EVO2 on his integra, it has some " fart" pipe sound to it but its not very loud.

To find a quiet catback for an import will cost you at least $500+

Lumpy cams on v8 BB's sound sick.

If most ricers had more than 1 1/4" pipes then their cars would sound a lot nicer. Props to those who choose to go to 2 1/2+" pipes on their cars. I have the stock 2 1/2" pipes on my Silverado but only for like 7-10 foot then I have a cutout.

-Lurius

and if you wern't retarded you'd know that loss of backpressure means loss of torque
Retarderd huh? you want to see who has more knowledge of cars. no f***ing sh** you lose torque when you take away backpressure, but oh wait, duhhh i must have forgot to mention, that only happens when you lose velocity due to a significant loss of backpressure. this happens when the dumb ass ricers put 3" exhaust on a 1.6 NA motor. Back pressure reduction is the key when having an effective exhaust, but only to the point when there is still velocity. The thing that is key is not really how little back pressure you can get but how little back pressure you can get while kepping the velocity up. thats why when people upgrade their exhaust system they tend to open it up to a larger diameter piping instead of smaller. Let this information soak into your little head and the next time you want to argue, get your s*** straight. Take a look at some dyno sheets for any car on the planet that has reduced the back pressure in their exhaust flow. What happens, uhhh more horsepwer, more torque and in some cases, better fuel efficency.

sorry for getting o upset but i really dont appreciate being called retarded when the information isnt correct

2 styles of exhaust i really dont like are flowmaster sound and weed wacker.My friend has a greddy EVO2 on his integra, it has some " fart" pipe sound to it but its not very loud.

To find a quiet catback for an import will cost you at least $500+

Lumpy cams on v8 BB's sound sick.

$500huh? thats not true. most people think that it has to be name brand quality parts that are already prefabed for the car to make it "extraordinarily quiet"

well thats false info my friends. Im glad i have a great knowledge about cars to argue this thread. If i had $125 i could make my car quieter and make it sound just as good as a name brand $500 catback system. It all depends on the setup. Mufflers go on ebay for $40 that are very good at keeping the exhaust quiet. It all depends on the surrounding sound deadening. Another common thing to do is add a resonator like i did. it is basically another very long muffler in the center of your exhaust system. these two combined makes for a nice quiet deep toned exhaust system.

I love this, you always know threads like these will start an arguement. Always.

am i right though. well, wait a minute, i know i am. I have taled to various tuners of v-8's and 4 cyl and they all have said the same thing. If you want more possibility for horspower/torque gains, you must open up the exhuast. You must have as little restrictions as possible because no matter what you do to your car, it wont matter if the backpressure is high and cant release the exhaust thus creating power and torque loss. Think about what he said for a minute everybody. now think about this. if a cai is added along with lets say a throttle body and cam/cams, and ported and polished head, there is more air being shoved into the engine. it is totally pointless for the engine to be ingulfed with more air if it cant get out fast enough. it will actually reduce your power, and this is the reason you see people put thousands into their engine and get little to nothing out of it.

main point, no backpressure at all is key to power/torque. Velocity is the other key.

I looked at some off beat brands. They all cost about the same.

Id rather open up the whole exhaust than just getting a muffler.

Resonators look stupid, thats my only problem with them.

I have a CAI and headers on my accord, stupid guy bought headers instead of a cat back....RETARD.

I looked at some off beat brands. They all cost about the same.Id rather open up the whole exhaust than just getting a muffler.

Resonators look stupid, thats my only problem with them.

I have a CAI and headers on my accord, stupid guy bought headers instead of a cat back....RETARD.
yeah i will agree that resonators dont always look the best, but that sepends on how good the install of it is and also depends on the application. Accords have a decent amount of room underneath for a resonator so you may want to consider that. Headers on a car without an upgraded exhaust is pretty ridiculous. It probably made a very very very small dofference but if you were to put a 2.5" exhaust (depending on motor. 2.25" is ideal for the f22 and h22 both) it would be a kick in the pants difference. also removing the catalyic convertor for a cheap high flow cat from ebay would help with exhaust tone becasue they are basically very small resonators.

I know, its pretty dumb to do.

Cant take the cat off

1. Its illegal

2. It wont pass SMOG

Im shure i would notice a diff esp with the manual tranny.

854151_32_full.jpg
crx had header to 2.5" back exhaust... it was hella loud and deep.. not ricey

465260_121_full.jpg

that had built motor, header to 2.5 back... f n loud.. set off car alarms at idle.. couldn't hear anyone talking inside the car well moving

2.5 for a CRX? are you kidding me? my truck has double the displacment, more than double the power, and 2.5 is on the larger side.

Retarderd huh? you want to see who has more knowledge of cars. no f***ing sh** you lose torque when you take away backpressure, but oh wait, duhhh i must have forgot to mention, that only happens when you lose velocity due to a significant loss of backpressure. this happens when the dumb ass ricers put 3" exhaust on a 1.6 NA motor. Back pressure reduction is the key when having an effective exhaust, but only to the point when there is still velocity. The thing that is key is not really how little back pressure you can get but how little back pressure you can get while kepping the velocity up. thats why when people upgrade their exhaust system they tend to open it up to a larger diameter piping instead of smaller. Let this information soak into your little head and the next time you want to argue, get your s*** straight. Take a look at some dyno sheets for any car on the planet that has reduced the back pressure in their exhaust flow. What happens, uhhh more horsepwer, more torque and in some cases, better fuel efficency.
sorry for getting o upset but i really dont appreciate being called retarded when the information isnt correct

wow, you can read honda-tech tutorials but have yet to grasp it. you probably think your d16 is hot **** dont you?

wow, you can read honda-tech tutorials but have yet to grasp it. you probably think your d16 is hot **** dont you?
hehe, i got next to this little ricer the other day with my dads 996. he was revin that thing like there was no tomarrow. had some exhaust work done, but sounded like a flutter next to the 996 with gemballa exhaust, and when we took off it was just a joke.

i did that with the sl55 we had for a very brief time... can't wait for the supercharged vette to come out, im going to have lots of fun with that if he lets me touch it

i did that with the sl55 we had for a very brief time... can't wait for the supercharged vette to come out, im going to have lots of fun with that if he lets me touch it
the sl55 is a real car. i can remember for sure, thats the amg right? they sound way good if it is the amg.

the porsche sounds different, very sharp and crisp and throaty, gives you the willys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.