I need 2 alarms...and some apsirin...and some help

gentlejax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I need to get 2 alarms. 1 for my 300ZX & 1 for my wifes Honda Passport.

I am going to have a decent system in mine so I need a good one that will protect it but I do not need fancy. I need keyless entry and a secure car with few false alarms. this is for the 300 ZX

for the wife I need the same but maybe not as secure. I mean, she doesnt have crap in her car and it looks like a soccer mom SUV. I need keyless entry for her and might as well arm it.

I am fairly decent with tools and dont like people messing with my 300 so I want to install both of these.

I have wire charts for both of these that I got from a alarm install place on the net.

What is giving me the headache is trying to weed out the crap from the good stuff and still get the best price.

I am not going to pay some guy $350 to install some junk that he says is good and have to deal with false alarms and crappy equipment.

I have not had an alarm in 10 years mostly cause I have been lucky.

well now that I have this 300ZX I dont think I will escape temptation.

I have seen some decent alarms on Ebay like these:

Autopage RS850, 750, 720

Prestige 785, 610, 996

AVITAL 4300, 4100

I have looked at so much that my head is spinning. Its worse than looking for a good amp....

somebody give me some advice and remember " I am going to install it"

so I dont need a bunch of 3D remotes or a camera in the car. I just need a secure car that doesnt wake me at 3 am for no reason. thats why its been 10yrs since I had one.

thanks in advance

get anything high up made by DEI and ur good

viper 791xv, python 881, matrix 3.5

can be had on ebay for less than $200... install shop will probably charge another 150-200 to install it.

alarms take very very good installers to be completed well, so do your homework, dont just go in and be like "here, put this in"

good luck dude.....

You ever installed a security system before? Do you have the tools to do it?

My advice (since you asked for advice) is to have a pro do it. I know that car is your baby. But what are you gonna do if you pop an air bag? I mean of course after you clean up the blood?

Security systems in cars are a tough install. The other thing you have to worry about is that a quality alarm will not come with the install instructions or tech support, or a warranty.

I hate doing alarms and I've been in this industry a long time.

P.S.
a lot has changed in 10 years. If you get a good one they don't have a problem falsing and going off for no reason.
Unless you're uber-paranoid and have the shock sensor's sensitivity jacked so far up that a gnat sneezing 3 blocks away will set it off.

I had a neighbor once with an early-80s Olds Delta 88 with an entire Pyramid 'system.' He was so convinced that someone was going to try and steal his gear that he went and spent the cash to get the most expensive Clifford alarm made at the time and then set the shock sensor to max. If I shut my front door too hard leaving in the morning for work his alarm would go off.

well I called the place above guy mentioned in another post amd they will install a DEI alarm for the price I can live with. My big deal was paying some idiot at CC to do it and do it badly.

they pissed me off with the attitude he had at the counter when I asked him about installing one from CC.

I will not mind paying for it from a decent shop for a quality alarm.

thanks all!

Hi my name is Carlos. Still interested I can help you with getting the alarms and do it your self installation over the phone or email. I have access to different kinds of alarm systems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.