IA subs

The amps are rock solid and do well over rated. From what i have seen the 20.1 shares a board with the m4b. Dimensions could confirm this as i didnt see them side by side. I run a 20.1 and love it. The flatlyne subs are beast *** sq subs. Want to try a dp 15-18 if anyones interested in trading for the sub in my sig.
They don't make a M4b.. And from testing the 80.1 didn't do rated if I remeber correct.

Well you sir are correct they dont make a m4b i meant the m3b. I just cant see how every other amp in their lineup does over rated power, and the 80.1 falls short. Doesnt butler run 80.1's?

Well you sir are correct they dont make a m4b i meant the m3b. I just cant see how every other amp in their lineup does over rated power, and the 80.1 falls short. Doesnt butler run 80.1's?
Look up Tfades test. Yes butler does. M3b does close to 4k

I just saw tfades review and it was rather disappointing that they dont do rated. Look up gut pics of the ia 20.1 and m3b and tell me they dont look oddly alike. Im not saying the 20.1 does almost 4k but the guts are very similar. Changing just a few minor components can net you drastic differences in output.

I just saw tfades review and it was rather disappointing that they dont do rated. Look up gut pics of the ia 20.1 and m3b and tell me they dont look oddly alike. Im not saying the 20.1 does almost 4k but the guts are very similar. Changing just a few minor components can net you drastic differences in output.
Such a common discussion. Yes, many amps share the same board. SQ/Hifonics/AB/IA/DD/Sundown/ect. have amps that share similar boards.

Such a common discussion. Yes, many amps share the same board. SQ/Hifonics/AB/IA/DD/Sundown/ect. have amps that share similar boards.

DD, current sundown, and IAs stacks look unique if you go by deminsions. Layout will always be similar, stuff has to go where it has to go.

They don't make a M4b.. And from testing the 80.1 didn't do rated if I remeber correct.
80.1 didnt do rated bc it was low voltage i believe, for the price of that 80.1 id be expecting much more out of it. But its been said b4, the 80.1 is a high voltage monster.

Daily I wouldn't do the judge. It doesn't look to have the best cooling, BL and FS will be high which looks to be more of a meter sub
Do you know the parameters of the sub

I do not. Just judging off the death penalty's specs.
Wait what? Ur saying the judge isn't a good daily sub by looking at the death penaltys specs? If I'm reading that right, how does that make any fvcking sense?

Wait what? Ur saying the judge isn't a good daily sub by looking at the death penaltys specs? If I'm reading that right, how does that make any fvcking sense?
Simple really. Look at every sub in the line up and they all share similar specs.. Now take away the cooling of the DP and add more motor force.. Plus the fact it uses a 8 layer coil with no cooling but a pole vent. Its all in the details

Makes just as much sense as your blind faith

Simple really. Look at every sub in the line up and they all share similar specs.. Now take away the cooling of the DP and add more motor force..
Makes just as much sense as your blind faith
What's makes u think it has less cooling? Because inbetween the magnet does have gaps like other models? Cuz my xs v2 18s have solid backplate with no pole vent and those subs wouldn't even get hot. Best cooling on a woofer I've used so far.

Have u used a judge? Or are u just talking about something u seen on the internet?

This is from IA

Simply put it’s designed to be the biggest, baddest, most elite driver you can buy in a traditional design. With onboard rear supplemental vents, dome shaped pole with six inner pole vents and our Air-Driven Cooling (ADC) this motor can even be used for daily applications, even though it was designed for competition SPL formats.

What's makes u think it has less cooling? Because inbetween the magnet does have gaps like other models? Cuz my xs v2 18s have solid backplate with no pole vent and those subs wouldn't even get hot. Best cooling on a woofer I've used so far.
Have u used a judge? Or are u just talking about something u seen on the internet?
I have used the DP so I know that basket.. I've been looking into IA for a few years, wanted to run them since they are local to my home town.. Also it says it right on the description of the sub itself.. "this motor can even be used for daily applications, even though it was designed for competition SPL formats." Unless you are using Neo you will give up cooling for motor force.

Wouldn't recommend extra spiders unless you know what they'll do and need them for your application. I like direct leads, so I'd get those. Completely up to you though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.