Illegal Tint? Interior Upgrades?

freakishly_dead
10+ year member

Don't contradict yourself
I was wondering if anyone knew what the darkest tint I could get without being illegal is? I live in Tennessee if that helps. Also, what other interior upgrades can I do to a Black 1998 Malibu LS. I was looking to go for the whole black exterior/white interior, but I dunno?

When I got 5% they told me, that if I ever get pulled over just roll down all the windows. Police are arguing that the window tinting thing is a danger to them, so if all of your windows are down your hand on the wheel (which I do anyway so I dont get shot) there is no danger, no reason for them to ***** about it. So far I havent had any cops say anything to me. That would work unless the sole purpose for him pulling you over was the tint.

in CA, its NONE on the front windows as of 2005.
yeah what about it? It says 70% and thats what normal glass is. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I never gave it much thought but why do they give a **** how dark you tint the rear of the car?

Sometimes I think they invent laws to create reasons for pigs to ticket hard working people.

Pigs with nothing to do but sit around and wait for some poor schmuck so he can give his town/city a $100 worth of BS income to his local government

I dont get many tickets,but when I do I fight them all,I always show up with a lawyer

because I would rather pay a scum ******* lawyer than a crooked government -

MEMPHIS= CROOKED GOVERNMENT,redneck lazy cops

MEMPHIS= top 10 most dangerious citys in the USA,hmm I wunder why,cops are busy giving out bogus tickets and hanging out at gas stations

Memphis= deliberate slow speeding limits on many streets with cops hiding in bushes with radar guns

im done ranting

TY

True, I have been to Memphis, and it is pretty screwed up. I just don't want to take a risk on getting pulled over. I can't afford a ticket . . . . . because, well, I am poor.

Anyone got any ideas for the interior? Black Malibu LS

if you're poor, how are you paying for the tint?

But yeah, if you get pulled over... roll your windows down and see what they say... I always wondered why people didnt do that where I'm from. Where I'm from you can have dark tints except on the driver side and passenger side window up front... those are easy to roll down when a cop pulls you over... then they can't say much.

I just got pulled over by a state trooper 2 weeks ago for tint that "looked too dark" Lucky for me A guy I knew since childhood who was also a state trooper happened to be driving by at the time and I skated. Especially since mine are illegally dark @22% all around (35% limit for front windows in OR) I figured the illegal tint would be a problem if I was getting hosed for something else (like speeding) too, but apperently OSP doesn't have anything better to do than jerk with me for driving a black lowered Honda w/18's. Of course I can only blame myself, the thing is a friggin cop magnet.

I drive a 04 chevy silverado with 20's. So the local cops and state troopers know my windows are more than likely dark, Everytime i get pulled over for some traffic infraction, they ask me to roll up my windows to test them. So if you have your windows down and you drive a suspicious vehicle they will just tell you to roll up the window.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

freakishly_dead

10+ year member
Don't contradict yourself
freakishly_dead
Sweetwater, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date