Illegal Tint? Interior Upgrades?

5% on side windows is dumb in ANY state. I WILL NOT tint just anyones side windows with 5%, but Ive done it for friends. And guess what? Within one week they have ALL been pulled over. Ive had 15% on my front windows on every vehicle Ive owned since I was 18, and Im 25 now..and I have never had one problem. Dark enough for me, light enough to not get hassled.

that ***** then because i have a friend with 5% on everything plus the windshield and got pulled over only because the cops thought he would have guns but he didnt so they let him go cause they dont care about tint here in det michigan

Everyone down here (South Florida) has 5% tint... never really have any problems with the law unless you do something wrong besides having dark tint. It keeps your car so cool in the Florida heat!
Ive got 10%, and i got a ticket for it, but that was because the cop gave me a choice between speeding ticket or tint ticket... $75 > $200

Everyone down here (South Florida) has 5% tint... never really have any problems with the law unless you do something wrong besides having dark tint. It keeps your car so cool in the Florida heat!

very true, i have limo on D/P and double limo in the rear and 15% on the winshield. It makes a huge difference. I have never been bother about it and I drive a red blazer dropped on 20" spinners. however i did get a ticket for my regular dual flowmasters on a stock v6...........

my friend got a ticket for his tints and he looked up the law online. apperantly it has to be a clear day outside for the test thing to work. He printed out the weather for the day of the ticket, showing it was cloudy, and go out of the ticket.

Well at least you guys get to have some type of tint on the front period. Here in Chicago you can't have any tint on the front at all but you can have any on the back windows. I just have 5% on all 3 rear windows. I personally think their excuse of you can shoot them through the side windows is B.S. because when they pull you over they come from behind so whats stopping me from shooting them through the 5% back window?

my friend got a ticket for his tints and he looked up the law online. apperantly it has to be a clear day outside for the test thing to work. He printed out the weather for the day of the ticket, showing it was cloudy, and go out of the ticket.

I have the 2005 Florida Motor Vehicle Law handbook, and I dont see that law. I just got a tint ticket, and it was at 3am. Got it while I was pumping gas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I drive a 04 chevy silverado with 20's. So the local cops and state troopers know my windows are more than likely dark, Everytime i get pulled over for some traffic infraction, they ask me to roll up my windows to test them. So if you have your windows down and you drive a suspicious vehicle they will just tell you to roll up the window.
that would get thrown out, they didnt see the windows b/c they were down so they had no clue how dark they were the judge will throw out a ticket if they have you roll up your windows to test them when they never saw them in the first place

I have the 2005 Florida Motor Vehicle Law handbook, and I dont see that law. I just got a tint ticket, and it was at 3am. Got it while I was pumping gas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
isnt a tint violation in with "moving" violations how do you get ticketed when your car is parked that makes no sense

Well at least you guys get to have some type of tint on the front period. Here in Chicago you can't have any tint on the front at all but you can have any on the back windows. I just have 5% on all 3 rear windows. I personally think their excuse of you can shoot them through the side windows is B.S. because when they pull you over they come from behind so whats stopping me from shooting them through the 5% back window?
I live right outside the city and i have 5% on every window.

8.jpg

isnt a tint violation in with "moving" violations how do you get ticketed when your car is parked that makes no sense
No, its not a moving violation.

From what I've been told by another cop, I drove from a public road into the gas station, making it ok to ticket.

I genuinely believe that better than 90% of the time it has everything to do with the attitude (or lack thereof) presented to the cop(s) when you get stopped.

There are several things that are technically illegal on my car. The lights on the license plate have red bulbs in them as opposed to white/clear. Louisiana has a rather ignorant law about running driving/fog lights in non-inclement weather (and if it's dark, mine are on). In LA you're not supposed to have anything darker than 40% on the front sides, 25% on the back sides, and 12% on the rear window ~ all of those figures being NET light reflection rather than the percentage on the tint itself not including the slight OEM stuff that comes on the windows from the factory. I have 35% film on my front doors and 5% film everywhere else including the windshield "brow."

Do I think silly-ass laws like that are purely for revenue generation? Absolutely. It's also been my experience that the majority of cops are pretty decent people that don't want to hassle you any more than is necessary so they can get back to their busy schedule of hanging out in convenience stores/doughnut shops drinking coffee and running their mouths. Don't give 'em an attitude and more often than not, unless you have a criminal background and/or active warrants on you they tend to not really care what you do and don't do with your own car.

I've been stopped multiple times and been given the "too-dark tint" excuse as to why I was stopped. They've had a quick look through my car to see if there was any contraband, run my driver's license to check its status and mine, run the numbers on my concealed carry permit and that which it permits me to carry concealed, etc etc.

So long as you don't have a history with legal run-ins and you're paperwork is legit (current driver's license / insurance / registration / inspection if your state requires it, blah blah blah) they'll normally send you on your way with an admonition to "Be careful" or some such silliness. At least that's what keeps happening to me *shrug* Maybe I've just been really, really lucky?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

freakishly_dead

10+ year member
Don't contradict yourself
freakishly_dead
Sweetwater, TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date