Im on a boat!

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingNdaCastle08
10+ year member

ATLanta
okay, so i have searched for a while, and cannot really find what im looking for. so, i have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

1- i need some opinions on some marine speakers. i am just trying to put a nice system in my boat for a good price. i already have the subs wired up and running, but i need to pick two sets of speakers. ONE set needs to be marine grade (as it will be on the exterior of the boat. the other set does not have to be marine grade, unless yall think it would be beneficial. i am trying to keep the price at or below around 80 bucks a set for some good coaxials (i dont feel like messing with crossovers and tweeters). i would like the speakers to handle around 60+ rms

2- would it be feasable to run 8 speakers off one 4ch amp if i decided to double up and do 4 inside and 4 outside? like two speakers per channel?

or would i need to purchase two 4ch amplifiers?

any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

please help

Polk makes good marine grade speakers db651s. They come standard on Nautiques and are quite affordable.

My supra has a kicker system that I have been very pleased with. Just had to rewire because the monkeys at the factory were idiots when it cam to wiring stereos.

eta: I would run 2 amps. I currently have a Kicker 700.5 powering 4 cabin speakers and sub plus a soundstream 680.4 powering the tower speakers and the 2 bow speakers.

Get a tower too. Love the sound from the tower.

P1020688.jpg

its a bayliner 2855 contessa flybridge. im not sure how id fit a tower on it. it already has an upper level. i would never be able to go under the bridge if i had a tower //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but i want one cause they look sick and they do sound really good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.