Want to hook up 2 Infinity 3012cf speakers....

Participant count
  • Participant list

GDAccent

I have recently hooked up an amp and sub. Sony 800W Amp and a Sony Xplod 10" 1100W Sub. I am not using the sub to full max power, but just enough to give my music something extra.

A long time ago I had gotten 2 Infinity Reference 3012cf speakers, which I guess are now call 3032cf. My question is, can I just connect these speakers to the amp or do I need whats called a "crossover"? How much does a crossover cost? And What does a crossover do?

The rest of the speakers in the car are from the head unit only which sound fine, and are not going through the amp.

Any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

GDA

HOLY JESUS! dont do that bro lol, hooking 3.5's to a sub amp is nowhere near a good idea or at least not ideal, try to find a small 4 channel or 2 channel

The amp is a SONY XM-1252GTR 2-Channel.

So would the 3.5s better hooked up to the head unit instead?

I am just trying to figure out the best possible way to add them, if I can to my system.

If not by the amp, then no problem. Then what other way is possible.

So thats why I thought to check with the forum here if anyone would be nice enough to point me in the right direction. Every one learns and everyone needs a little guidance. And I'll do some reading, just thought it would be good to hear some advice.

Thanks.

And as for my first post, didn't think it was random bits. Speakers and amp were listed.

3.5 inch speakers? amped? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

just run them off your head unit

and one of the cardinal rules... when speaking of measurements, always express units. you do do this...but for power handling always refer to watts RMS (root mean square) also known as "rated" or "continuous" power handling. Peak power handling is usually irrelevant, and also usually subjective/unstandardized

Ok, thats good then. I really did think they would go to the amp, but wasn't sure. Makes more sense now to go from the unit itself.

As for another question...Is there anything I need to put with the audio setup so just in case not to drain the battery or hurt the Alt.? I'm not sure what to call it, but as long as I have the amp grounded correctly and the proper fuses inplace they should be a safeguard enough? Occassionlly i'll listen to music at lunch and not have the car running, should I run the car or if not what will help to conserve the power if this makes sense.

Is a audio capacitor necessary? Or do they really serve any purpose? I'm not wanting the system to bang too much, but rather is just to give the music a little something extra behind it.

ThX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.