Is it Wise to do a middle port (and few other questions)

Participant count
  • Participant list

js_sol

Hi All,

I come to you all humbly seeking help. Quick background, I'm 34 and If I could go back to being 18, I could probably answer a lot of these questions myself. It's weird to not even remember what half this stuff is. Anyway, I'm trying to piece things together the best I can and doing TONS of research but I need to get a few answer first. I attached a pic of sort of what I'm going for I guess in a very broad sense.

Here are a few notes based on the Forum Rules / Post

STEP 1 (Research)

So, I'm using the subs I put in there over 10 Years ago. They are two 10" Oz Audio Matrix Elites. I cannot find box specs anywhere for these, but I did attach a sales flyer I found. I cannot remember anything about 2 Ohm vs 4 Ohm thing. I will certainly continue to research this.

STEP 2 (The List)

Vehicle : 2000 Toyota Tacoma

Location in the vehicle: Extended Cab so right on top of the mini-seats in the back. (pulling out the cushions though)

Space available (Length x Width x Height): This is part of my question but a I want to keep it around 44" Wide 12" Deep and 18" Tall. Past that it will cause obstructions or overhang the seat ledge.

Subwoofer make and model: OZ AUDIO Matrix Elite

Subwoofer Size: 10"

Number of Subwoofers: Two

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):Not Sure, just a wide slot in the center hopefully. Not slotted unless recommended.

What type of music do you like?: All - Bassy Hip-Hop and EDM to quick double-bass metal and everything in between (no country of course)

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music but I want to maximize loudness. I love to bump. No competitions.

Tuning Freq (Hz): I have no idea

Volume : I have no idea

Questions: see below

1. I am a very symmetrical person. Does it make sense to put the port right in the middle? I had a box in high school with a center port and I loved it. I like how it shoots the air right in between the seats.

2. How do I determine the Volume and Tuning Freq?

3. I cannot find a calculator that really allows me to set it up for two subs with a centered port. I used RE Calculator to produce the attachement "Rough Dimensions"

4. I don't have a lot of room for height (18") or Depth (12"). But I do have width (44") Is this two wide? I could go higher with modifications. Again, just going for sound.

Additional Notes

AMP: Hifonics TX100D 1000 Watt D-Class Mono

STEP 3 (Make a good thread title)

I tried. missing details. Don't kill me.

STEP 4 (Do more research)

I certainly will and I am at your mercy for my preliminary questions.

Thank you to everyone who reads and/or responds!

Note: three pics attached.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.